Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stop Comparing People  (Read 1739 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

Stop Comparing People
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »
We love to compare ourselves to others and vice versa. I hate it when I hear myself doing it. When I look in the mirror, I try to compare myself to my friend who has shinier hair than me or more slender body than me. I have to learn to appreciate myself rather than comparing myself to others.

Empty Nest Moms

Stop Comparing People
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »

Offline girlchild34

Re: Stop Comparing People
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 06:37:48 PM »
Hey MomofTwo, you may be surprised to hear that social comparison actually starts at a very early age. As children, we quickly discover that all of us have different lifestyles and opportunities. Steven Furtick sums it up by saying, "The reason why we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel."

I always tell myself that my comparison with others should result in being motivated to work harder and achieve much more.

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 04:58:40 AM »
MomofTwo, you are already on the way of self appreciation because you are catching yourself with the thing that you don't want to have. Continue counting the blessings instead of the things that you lack.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 04:58:40 AM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 03:28:23 AM »
Both of you are correct in your own perspective.

@girlchild34, I get it that instead of being down about myself that my flaws should make me more determined to become a better person.

@MerryMe, I also understand that in order for me not to be too negative, I should see my blessings instead.

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 05:47:43 AM »
It's so hard NOT to compare ourselves to others when we're taught to do it from such an early age. From grades to who's part of the, "cool crowd," we're constantly taught to compare ourselves against our peers. It doesn't help that society teaches women to be dissatisfied wit our bodies - always. We're always supposed to want to be thinner, look younger, have the best fashion sense, etc.

I think it's wonderful that you want to love and accept yourself. It's been a long battle for me, and I'd love to hear if you find anything that helps you learn to love and accept yourself just the way you are.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 05:47:43 AM »

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »
Thanks for the uplifting post. I often compare myself to others and it makes me feel down about myself. It's a great thing to try and build yourself up instead of constantly putting yourself down. I hope you're able to stay positive. Let us know how it goes.

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »
I agree that it's hard to not do this. I really struggled with it at my last job. Everyone around me was noticeably younger, and I kept wondering if they thought I couldn't keep up.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 04:40:40 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms