Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tell me about your pets  (Read 2671 times)

Offline EmilyJ.

Tell me about your pets
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:33:38 AM »
Do you have any cats, dogs, horses, hedgehogs, or anything else that you adore and spoil?  I'd love to hear a little about them.  We've been without pets since my daughter moved out for the second time and took her dog with her.  I'm hoping to get a dog or cat real soon.  I just gotta talk my hubby into it.

Empty Nest Moms

Tell me about your pets
« on: November 13, 2018, 07:33:38 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Tell me about your pets
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 10:43:54 PM »
Oh my, your thread reminds me of one of the reasons I joined this forum.  Parents mourn their children, but so do the pets and they don't understand why their favorite person is gone.  My son's three cats really struggled and I wanted to help them.  I thought my question might seem silly, but lots of members here came to my aid by offering suggestions and support.  It all worked out and we're thick as thieves now...until my son comes home to visit and they revert back to adoring their favorite person. 

Which type of pet would you prefer, Emily? 

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 01:14:13 AM »
We've also not had a pet for sometime now because the kids took them when they left. If all goes as planned, we are hoping to get a cat and dog early next year. Their presence brings some much-needed warmth even in the absence of people we are fond of.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 01:14:13 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 12:05:21 PM »
Do you have any cats, dogs, horses, hedgehogs, or anything else that you adore and spoil?  I'd love to hear a little about them.  We've been without pets since my daughter moved out for the second time and took her dog with her.  I'm hoping to get a dog or cat real soon.  I just gotta talk my hubby into it.

Aww you must miss the doggy.  It’s great if you can have a dog.  My husband does not like any animal.  I love animals and get drawn to dogs being walked in the street and stroke them :(  my favourite animal is Guineapigs hence my member name, sadly I had my guinea of six put to sleep last year and can’t have another as visiting our daughter it’s not feesable.  I think if we are able and love animals they bring such joy and do fill a gap.  My friend has a King Charles spaniel and I got a forehead lick from him yesterday, I love him to bits. X

Offline EmilyJ.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:49:33 PM »
Quiet Abode, my husband has never been into pets, but we've usually had them anyway since I always had dogs and cats growing up and wasn't going to deprive my children from that experience.  He went along with it and seemed to enjoy them too.  I'd settle for any pet at this point.  I like loving on them and having that unconditional love they give back. 

Guineagirl, I really do miss Max, even the bad parts like when he'd dig up my flower beds.  I understand why my daughter wanted to take him with her, but I feel like I deserve visitation or something.  :rofl:

I'm sorry to hear that you had to put your guinea pig to sleep.  Sending them on to the Rainbow Bridge is just heartbreaking, even when it's the right thing to do.  Have you thought about volunteering at The Humane Society?  It seems like it could be a good way to be around animals without the long-term commitment.  I'm considering it myself, but I'm not sure I could handle leaving the animals behind.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:49:33 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 02:30:35 AM »
Quiet Abode, my husband has never been into pets, but we've usually had them anyway since I always had dogs and cats growing up and wasn't going to deprive my children from that experience.  He went along with it and seemed to enjoy them too.  I'd settle for any pet at this point.  I like loving on them and having that unconditional love they give back. 

Guineagirl, I really do miss Max, even the bad parts like when he'd dig up my flower beds.  I understand why my daughter wanted to take him with her, but I feel like I deserve visitation or something.  :rofl:

I'm sorry to hear that you had to put your guinea pig to sleep.  Sending them on to the Rainbow Bridge is just heartbreaking, even when it's the right thing to do.  Have you thought about volunteering at The Humane Society?  It seems like it could be a good way to be around animals without the long-term commitment.  I'm considering it myself, but I'm not sure I could handle leaving the animals behind.

Oh it’s good you have visitation rights Emily, it’s good also that your husband allowed the pets and I agree it teaching children to care and love something.  If I could I would have a Jack Russell dog I love them.  I have told my daughter you must get a dog and cat when you eventually have your own homeso I can babysit them.  I did volunteer at an animal shelter but them Mam died and couldn’t face it anymore, I did it for eight months but had to give it up. X

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 02:24:48 PM »
Guineagirl, I thought for sure the "guinea" in Guineagirl stood for guinea hens.  Boy was I off base!  My neighbor has some guinea hens and I guess that's why it popped into my mind.  They're incredible birds to watch.  I had no idea that guinea pigs had that long of a life span.  You must've done an excellent job caring for your pet and I'm sorry to hear he's crossed to the Rainbow Bridge.  I took care of a guinea pig for a week while my neighbors were out of town. Her name was Penny Guinea and she was awfully cute, but very particular about food.  It had to be layered a certain way or she wouldn't eat it. 

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 04:29:21 PM »
Guineagirl, I thought for sure the "guinea" in Guineagirl stood for guinea hens.  Boy was I off base!  My neighbor has some guinea hens and I guess that's why it popped into my mind.  They're incredible birds to watch.  I had no idea that guinea pigs had that long of a life span.  You must've done an excellent job caring for your pet and I'm sorry to hear he's crossed to the Rainbow Bridge.  I took care of a guinea pig for a week while my neighbors were out of town. Her name was Penny Guinea and she was awfully cute, but very particular about food.  It had to be layered a certain way or she wouldn't eat it.

How funny no definately not hens.  yeah guineapigs get a lovely bond with their owners, she was a very tame girl she had a sister but she died a year before her. I love how they are so timid when you first get them then become so tame.  She lived in my lounge so she was very warm and got loads of strokes. X

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 05:41:19 PM »
I have 2 cats. They are both senior cats. My shy girl is 12 years old and my fluffy boy is 10 years old. I love them dearly, they are pampered and treated like royalty. My husband sometimes jokes I spend more time with the cats than him. Now that my own babies can care for themselves, I do go over the top with my kitties. They are just so cute, I can't help it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 05:41:19 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms