Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: What was your excuse?  (Read 1481 times)

Offline haidyl

What was your excuse?
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:53:51 AM »
When the kids left to be on their own, I couldn't bring myself to trying out new experiences. Though a few friends in a similar predicament found new ways to get over this feeling, I kept telling them that 'my hobbies were my kids.' I realized that I was actually angry at myself and the situation I had found myself in, without realizing that it was doing more harm than good.

My husband laughs out loud every time he recounts those moments.

Offline MomOfTwo

Re: What was your excuse?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 02:50:09 AM »
That makes two of us. I might have a strong personality that I can hide my real emotions to myself. In reality, my heart is sobbing for my babies everyday that I don't see them at home.

Offline haidyl

Re: What was your excuse?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »
That makes two of us. I might have a strong personality that I can hide my real emotions to myself. In reality, my heart is sobbing for my babies everyday that I don't see them at home.
Exactly MomofTwo and during these times we tend to get angry at almost everyone and everything that comes our way. I remember feigning a lot of courage and strength yet on the inside I was hurting and feeling hopless. The sooner we get to embrace the empty nest, the better for us in the long run.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms