Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Going vegan  (Read 624 times)

Offline littleone

Going vegan
« on: November 06, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
It isn't easy to reduce the carbs, so I wonder if going vegan will help me to reach the goal faster. How do you feel about such diet? Has anyone ever returned to normal eating habits after becoming a vegan for a while?

Thank you!

Empty Nest Moms

Going vegan
« on: November 06, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Going vegan
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 04:35:30 PM »
This is merely anecdotal, but most people I know who went vegan lost weight as a result of the diet without worrying about carbs.  I can't see any of them switching back to anything else because they feel very strongly about animal rights; however, I've gone on and off the low-carb diet and it's easy to fall off and hard to start it again.  I wish I had more informative material to share.

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:32:48 PM »
I've read accounts of losing weight but also not losing because of eating too many processed vegan foods. I wish I could go vegan or vegetarian, but I just don't want to have separate meals from my family and friends.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:32:48 PM »

Offline littleone

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 12:52:19 AM »
This is merely anecdotal, but most people I know who went vegan lost weight as a result of the diet without worrying about carbs.  I can't see any of them switching back to anything else because they feel very strongly about animal rights; however, I've gone on and off the low-carb diet and it's easy to fall off and hard to start it again.  I wish I had more informative material to share.
I'm sorry for my late reply, but thank you for your response! I was a little worried about losing weight while having such a strict diet due to lacking the nutrition we actually need. I ended up strengthening my resolve to reduce my carbs intake. Although I didn't lose much, I didn't gain a lot either. I think I'm good for now.
I've read accounts of losing weight but also not losing because of eating too many processed vegan foods. I wish I could go vegan or vegetarian, but I just don't want to have separate meals from my family and friends.
It sounds like they are looking at the diet in the wrong way. The diet should've helped them to live healthier, not the other way around.

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 02:16:56 AM »
Well, I have never for one moment considered going vegan, despite this diet becoming increasingly popular. Folks are cutting out animal products either for health, environmental or ethical reasons. Plant-based diets have significant health benefits that include lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and lower body weight.

Like Quiet Abode, remaining consistent seems to be the biggest challenge; it is very easy to fall back on the vegan diet, unless you have such a strong will!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 02:16:56 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms