Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How Do You Help Your Stressed Out Kids?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Layla

How Do You Help Your Stressed Out Kids?
« on: November 06, 2018, 06:39:02 AM »
My daughter is really stressing about her classwork and how to handle it all as finals approach in a few weeks. She is not getting as much sleep as she should trying to stay up with all the work her professors assign.

I told her to just do her best, that we are proud of her because we know she is trying, and we know that she cares about her education. I advised her to try to skim some of her reading assignments and to try to prioritize her work according to how well she's doing in her classes. She's doing well in all of them right now, but she has the lowest grade in her calculus class, so I suggested focusing a little more on that one and a little less on the class she's doing best in.

I reminded her to get some rest as it's important. I also told her to take a break occasionally and enjoy her social life.

What advice do you give your kids when they're stressed out?

Empty Nest Moms

How Do You Help Your Stressed Out Kids?
« on: November 06, 2018, 06:39:02 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

Re: How Do You Help Your Stressed Out Kids?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 07:17:37 AM »
My daughter is really stressing about her classwork and how to handle it all as finals approach in a few weeks. She is not getting as much sleep as she should trying to stay up with all the work her professors assign.

I told her to just do her best, that we are proud of her because we know she is trying, and we know that she cares about her education. I advised her to try to skim some of her reading assignments and to try to prioritize her work according to how well she's doing in her classes. She's doing well in all of them right now, but she has the lowest grade in her calculus class, so I suggested focusing a little more on that one and a little less on the class she's doing best in.

I reminded her to get some rest as it's important. I also told her to take a break occasionally and enjoy her social life.

What advice do you give your kids when they're stressed out?

I have the same problem as well with my daughter.  I think the twenties age group is a stressful time, relationships, careers, moving out of your home so I just listen really and give advice if asked.  I also give her a hug as that works wonders,  I feel it’s like walking on eggshells sometimes.  I think they feel better having a good vent also and the fact that you listen to her is good x

Offline Layla

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:32:44 AM »
Yes, she does seem a little less tense after we have a nice chat and she vents her frustrations. There are so many things for teens and people in their twenties to pay attention to these days. Having passed that age a long time ago myself, I forget how stressful it was sometimes. Times have also changed, and it seems like society expects more of young adults these days than they used to. It's definitely a tough age, and I often wish I could just give my daughter a big hug when she's feeling overwhelmed.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 04:32:44 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:29:02 AM »
Yes, she does seem a little less tense after we have a nice chat and she vents her frustrations. There are so many things for teens and people in their twenties to pay attention to these days. Having passed that age a long time ago myself, I forget how stressful it was sometimes. Times have also changed, and it seems like society expects more of young adults these days than they used to. It's definitely a tough age, and I often wish I could just give my daughter a big hug when she's feeling overwhelmed.

I don’t know about you Layla but I find the social media concept bewildering for them.  I can’t imagine having it growing up and having it in our twenties.  By that I mean if you are single and you see school friends marrying etc etc and you feel lonely and can’t aspire to what they have going on.  You must be comparing all the time with your life and other peoples.  I don’t think that helps at all.  I have had my daughter tell me on occasions ‘do you remember so and so she’s married or so and so is having a baby’ but I also reply and look what you do, live in a great place with access to wonderful things and all that has been achieved on your own.  I think you do a great job with your daughter  :13:

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 12:33:52 PM »
We all love it when our kids push themselves to the limit but it worries any parent when situations take a toll on them. I love the fact that you have kept reassuring her because at the end of the day, she ought at her best state of mind, during the exam period.

Keep talking to her and watching every step she makes. I am almost confident that a lot of good things await her!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 12:33:52 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms