Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Living to 100  (Read 2053 times)

Offline noodle

Living to 100
« on: June 28, 2019, 10:00:29 PM »
More people are living close to or past 100. Are you looking forward to a better-than-ever chance of getting there? I am, as long as I'm still somewhat mobile then!

Offline cherie

Re: Living to 100
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 02:56:27 AM »
Ooh yes, my late grandmother and great grandmother both lived past the 100-year mark. At some point they were immobile but the memories they created will last a lifetime. I would want to live past this mark and also enjoy perfect health.

Offline littleone

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 11:42:24 PM »
It's cool if I can live that long even though I've never thought that far. My shoulder issue makes me worried about many things, to be honest.

If you two are still mobile by the time you reach 90 years old, how are you planning to spend your days?

Offline noodle

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 08:29:38 PM »
Good question. As long as my memory works, I think I'll be spending time with friends, my old kids, and possibly grandkids. I'm also wondering if I would still need a job. Not sure if Social Security and other funds will cover the extra years!

Offline adanna

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 01:03:36 PM »
I would love to, if I am still healthy and mobile after 100. But we must bear the pain of watching many of our loved ones passing away if we live longer than them. This is the part I don't really like. Well, maybe at that age my perspective will change. Who knows!

Offline Elise

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 09:09:58 AM »
I think it's great that people are living longer these days. I'd love to live to be 100 as long as I still have a good quality of life. I look forward to seeing what the future will bring!

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms