Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Missing My Daughter's Childhood  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Layla

Missing My Daughter's Childhood
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:24:38 AM »
When my daughter was young, she used to let me brush her hair, put it in pig tails, or braid it all the time. We would talk about the silliest things when I did her hair.

As she got a little older, she'd use this time to tell me if she was having a problem in school or with a friend. But by the time she became a teenager, she began to do her own hair. Our quality time diminished. She knew she could always talk to me, but I really missed our quality time together.

Tonight I'm missing those quality mom-daughter sessions. I miss brushing my daughter's hair and trying out new hairstyles. Maybe I'll see if she'd like to have a girls day and go to the spa or go shopping or something.

What do you all miss about your son or daughter's childhood? Have you tried to "recreate" those memories in a sense?

Empty Nest Moms

Missing My Daughter's Childhood
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:24:38 AM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Missing My Daughter's Childhood
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »
I miss everything about their childhood and much as we cannot recreate or go back to some of these moments, my daughter is always open to us spending time together and reminiscing the past. The other week, she asked if we could visit an old orphanage that we used to frequent, when they were kids. We are yet to settle on a specific date, so that her brother doesn't miss out.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:44:08 PM »
When my daughter was young, she used to let me brush her hair, put it in pig tails, or braid it all the time. We would talk about the silliest things when I did her hair.

As she got a little older, she'd use this time to tell me if she was having a problem in school or with a friend. But by the time she became a teenager, she began to do her own hair. Our quality time diminished. She knew she could always talk to me, but I really missed our quality time together.

Tonight I'm missing those quality mom-daughter sessions. I miss brushing my daughter's hair and trying out new hairstyles. Maybe I'll see if she'd like to have a girls day and go to the spa or go shopping or something.

What do you all miss about your son or daughter's childhood? Have you tried to "recreate" those memories in a sense?

Maybe you could go for afternoon tea sometime Layla, the spa would be a good idea. 

I used to do a lot of crafts with my daughter, I miss that, we seemed to do that all the time, 

When she last came three weeks ago she asked me to brush her hair, maybe they miss that too. X

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:44:08 PM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 04:15:05 AM »
I always tell my sons that how I wish I could return to the time when they were still a baby and do the things that I haven't done before. I was a working when they were a baby so I miss a lot of things when they were growing up. My eldest will always answer: "Mom, you can still do that... with your future grandchildren."

Offline Layla

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 06:23:49 AM »
My daughter and I have decided to go to the spa after her finals are over. It will be good because she won't be worrying about her grades or her exams and papers. She and I are both looking forward to a mom-daughter day where we can catch up as well as reminisce.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »
My daughter and I have decided to go to the spa after her finals are over. It will be good because she won't be worrying about her grades or her exams and papers. She and I are both looking forward to a mom-daughter day where we can catch up as well as reminisce.
That’s great Layla, will your daughter be coming back home to stay after her finals?  I aren’t sure how the college thing works in US. 

My daughter has booked afternoon tea for us both over Christmas, I’ve never had afternoon tea.  I’ve seen it advertised in shops etc but never had one.  X

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms