Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Empty Nest Common Fears  (Read 1688 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

Empty Nest Common Fears
« on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »
What are the usual common fears that parents face when their nest is emptying or emptied already? To me, the one fear I have to learn to let go is the fear of my sons losing the life lessons I have taught them as they grew up.

Empty Nest Moms

Empty Nest Common Fears
« on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »

Offline littleone

Re: Empty Nest Common Fears
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 08:20:23 AM »
What are the usual common fears that parents face when their nest is emptying or emptied already? To me, the one fear I have to learn to let go is the fear of my sons losing the life lessons I have taught them as they grew up.
I also have that fear, but the bigger question in my mind is whether I've taught my son everything he needs or not. That's arguably the most important responsibility of a parent. All I want is to see him happy and successful. Have I done enough? How much is enough?

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »

I worry that we lose contact, by that I mean she meets someone who is at ease with her seeing us as some aren’t family orientated and that when she does meet someone is he good to her, I worry alot about that.  I realise they have their own life but I do love been involved in the exciting things she does.  I hope it stays that way x

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »

Offline littleone

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 11:55:28 PM »
I worry that we lose contact, by that I mean she meets someone who is at ease with her seeing us as some aren’t family orientated and that when she does meet someone is he good to her, I worry alot about that.  I realise they have their own life but I do love been involved in the exciting things she does.  I hope it stays that way x
That's probably something that will happen for sure. It's generally easier to talk to someone at the same age or the same field. We may not understand their difficulties like those friends do. Not that it will stop us to ask and get involved, but I try to prepare myself for such day as well.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 03:57:14 AM »
The fear of thinking that we haven't done enough is always a fear of good parents because we wanted our kids to be prepared when they leave home.

My husband and I are always praying that our sons will find partners that will help them continue to grow in their lives. I'm sure this is what parents wanted for their children's future.

Offline Layla

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 04:33:38 AM »
I can relate. I worry if I've done enough, too. I did my best to teach my daughter how to be a responsible and good person, but did I do enough? Did I set a good example? Will she make the right choices?

I know she'll make mistakes, but I want to protect her from all the bad things in the world. I want nothing more than for her to be healthy and happy. That's what matters to me the most.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 04:33:38 AM »

Offline EllieM

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:30 AM »
My biggest fear for them is that they come in contact with the wrong people that will take advantage of them. I'm no longer around to protect them and I can no longer see the signals. That is definitely hard for me. I know I raised them right but people will always try to take advantage of the best people.

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
I also worry about the people they meet. Will they notice who cannot be trusted and then keep their distance? Another fear is a physical one: driving. I had many close calls as a young driver, and I hope and pray that that's all they will encounter on the road.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »
My biggest fear for them is that they come in contact with the wrong people that will take advantage of them. I'm no longer around to protect them and I can no longer see the signals. That is definitely hard for me. I know I raised them right but people will always try to take advantage of the best people.

We can't protect for the rest of their lives so we do our best to help them become wise enough to know the best decisions they will be making, especially when faced with "wrong" people. Sometimes the word wrong is subjective, so we have to be open sometimes to the decisions of our children.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 11:07:20 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms