Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mixed feelings about my son's college  (Read 1128 times)

Offline littleone

Mixed feelings about my son's college
« on: October 23, 2018, 04:48:06 AM »
Our son received homeschooling until recently, so I was very surprised when he said he wanted to go to college. I'm happy and proud of him for challenging himself, but my feelings soon grow more into worry and fear. Will he be okay? Are we going to be okay, not directly supporting his education anymore?
Have you ever been there?

Empty Nest Moms

Mixed feelings about my son's college
« on: October 23, 2018, 04:48:06 AM »

Offline Layla

Re: Mixed feelings about my son's college
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 05:57:02 AM »
I think it's great that your son is stepping outside his comfort zone.  Even if he hasn't expressed them, I bet he has some anxieties and fears, too.

I think the best thing you can do is just be there for him. Let him know that you are always there for him to talk to, to come to with problems, anxieties, and concerns. I know it's scary, but we have to trust that our children will be okay in the world. Even though my daughter wasn't homschooled, I definitely worry about her at college - I think it's just a natural part of being a parent. Hang in there, and know that you are not alone

Offline littleone

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:08:10 AM »
I think it's great that your son is stepping outside his comfort zone.  Even if he hasn't expressed them, I bet he has some anxieties and fears, too.

I think the best thing you can do is just be there for him. Let him know that you are always there for him to talk to, to come to with problems, anxieties, and concerns. I know it's scary, but we have to trust that our children will be okay in the world. Even though my daughter wasn't homschooled, I definitely worry about her at college - I think it's just a natural part of being a parent. Hang in there, and know that you are not alone
I don't know if other parents feel the same way, but my wife and I often feel like we want to do more than that. We understand that there will come a time when he has to do everything on his own, but we tell ourselves "it is not now" repeatedly. That's probably where the anxiety starts; for the first time in our lives, we don't have a choice, and it will only get worse in the future.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:08:10 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms