Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Finding it Tough to Sleep Since Daughter Left  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Layla

Finding it Tough to Sleep Since Daughter Left
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »
Since my daughter left for college, I find it more difficult to sleep. I wonder if she's in bed at college or stressing about her homework, papers, or tests, or if she's out and about. When she was home, I knew she was right down the hall in her bed. Now I have no idea where she is or what she might be doing at night when I'm trying to sleep.

Did anyone else find it tough to sleep when their kids left home? How did you deal with it?

Empty Nest Moms

Finding it Tough to Sleep Since Daughter Left
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Finding it Tough to Sleep Since Daughter Left
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 06:31:33 AM »
I can relate to what you just described. We have always been a close-knit family and every night, I always knew that my children would be sleeping in their beds. Occasionally, I would sneak and peep into their rooms, just to see them sleeping soundly. That wasn't the case when they left for college. I constantly worried about where they would be, who they would be with and what they would be doing. It even became worse when my son or daughter wouldn't pick their phone.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »
Since my daughter left for college, I find it more difficult to sleep. I wonder if she's in bed at college or stressing about her homework, papers, or tests, or if she's out and about. When she was home, I knew she was right down the hall in her bed. Now I have no idea where she is or what she might be doing at night when I'm trying to sleep.

Did anyone else find it tough to sleep when their kids left home? How did you deal with it?

Yes Layla I found it as you describe it.  I think your daughter will be wondering what you’re doing too.  Are you able to check in with her and ask her?  At least then she might let you know how her homework etc is going then you may feel better, I didn’t deal with it very good, I used to cry most nights I still go in her room and think heck she’s not here anymore.  I sleep better when she visits, do you sleep better then too? 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 06:05:29 AM »
I, too, used to go by my daughter's room and peek in on her when she was home! :) I found it comforting to see her peacefully sleeping.

Yes, I definitely slept better when she came home for fall break. My worries were more at ease. I know I'll always worry about her, but I hope that my anxiety calms down some over time.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:15:17 AM »
I, too, used to go by my daughter's room and peek in on her when she was home! :) I found it comforting to see her peacefully sleeping.

Yes, I definitely slept better when she came home for fall break. My worries were more at ease. I know I'll always worry about her, but I hope that my anxiety calms down some over time.
The anxiety will calm down after a while but the progress depends on how you respond to issues. Over time, I realized that they were also getting accustomed to their environment. There is this time when my son called and shared how he had found it hard to adapt to the new life in college. He couldn't even bring himself to sharing this on phone. I hope you get to sleep better, with time.  :hugs:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:15:17 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms