Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thinking of trying out some herbal tea  (Read 1296 times)

Offline haidyl

Thinking of trying out some herbal tea
« on: October 21, 2018, 05:39:36 AM »
I have been thinking of going this route for some time because I have heard that some herbal teas have health-promoting properties. Despite not being true teas (since they are made from dried fruits, spies or herbs) they have, for a long time, been used as natural remedies for a variety of ailments. Any suggestions?

Empty Nest Moms

Thinking of trying out some herbal tea
« on: October 21, 2018, 05:39:36 AM »

Offline littleone

Re: Thinking of trying out some herbal tea
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 05:21:05 AM »
Doesn't it depend on the kind of health benefits you want to get? For example, I read that peppermint or ginger tea is good for problems related to indigestion. They can also help with headaches. Have you tried any herbal tea before?

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:55 AM »
To some extent, I think that different ailments are probably treated by different kinds of herbal tea but overall, the minerals, vitamins and antioxidants found in many herbs can provide general short-term of long-term health benefits. I haven't tried any of these before but the fact that they can be a good alternative to the sugary and caffeinated drinks, really appeals to me.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:55 AM »

Offline EllieM

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 07:55:31 AM »
I drink a lot of herbal teas. I am a big fan of peppermint teas or jasmine tea. I buy boxes and boxes of green tea at a time and I really enjoy it. I can't say if it truly does what the "scientists" say, but it does make me feel healthier, and I guess that counts for something right?  :13:

Offline haidyl

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:09:40 AM »
I drink a lot of herbal teas. I am a big fan of peppermint teas or jasmine tea. I buy boxes and boxes of green tea at a time and I really enjoy it. I can't say if it truly does what the "scientists" say, but it does make me feel healthier, and I guess that counts for something right?  :13:
That definitely counts for something EllieM. My difficulty has been in finding a rhythm and sticking to a routine and I guess after that it becomes a smooth sailing. For how long have you been drinking these beverages?

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 11:36:34 AM »
I know that chamomile tea helps us to relax so I can recommend that to you. I don't drink it regularly because I may become dependent on it for me to sleep. I usually drink it whenever I'm stressed, in which I cannot get my sleep.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 11:36:34 AM »

Offline noodle

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 11:32:57 PM »
I know that chamomile tea helps us to relax so I can recommend that to you.
I like chamomile at night, mint tea when I get an upset stomach or want to perk up without caffeine. Another one I enjoy is green tea with brown rice, which tastes even mellower than regular green tea.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 03:16:05 AM »
Another one I enjoy is green tea with brown rice, which tastes even mellower than regular green tea.

This is my first time to hear about green tea with brown rice. How do you do that? Is it a ready-to-mix product or do you make it from scratch?

Offline noodle

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 10:23:22 AM »
This is my first time to hear about green tea with brown rice. How do you do that? Is it a ready-to-mix product or do you make it from scratch?

Sorry for the late reply. I just get it in tea bags from Asian grocery stores. The brands I've tried are by Yamamotoyama (say that 10 times fast!) and Takaokaya.

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »
I have decaffeinated Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea. Besides mint and green tea there are milk thistle seeds, which are supposed to be good for the liver, and there's blackberry leaves, which have antioxidants.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms