Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Inviting people over  (Read 1053 times)

Offline cherie

Inviting people over
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:43:16 AM »
This morning, as I penned down something in my gratitude journal, it suddenly hit me that we'd be hosting some friends for dinner. I would probably say that constantly having people over, be they couples or not, has helped us to get over sad feelings that often bombard parents once the nest is empty. I have already decided on a menu; spaghetti with some meat sauce, as well as grilled steak, chicken and oven roasted potatoes.

It is not always easy to host people all the time but with good preparation, there will always be enough free time when the guests arrive. How often do you host visitors?

Offline Katy

Re: Inviting people over
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:25:37 AM »
We haven't had many people over lately because I've been helping my mom pack up her house. By the time I get home, I'm just exhausted.

However, we are going to start having family dinners with my daughter and her husband every week. I'm really looking forward to it!

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:46:25 AM »
Hey Katy, packing can get someone really exhausted so I hope you are almost done with that. Apart from your daughter and son-in-law, do you plan to have more people at some point? Whenever we are planning these dinners, my husband always jokes and says that the more people we invite over, the merrier it will be.

Offline Mom56

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 07:02:29 PM »
Cherie will provide the food(how many were you cooking for?- that looks like a LOT of food for 1 dinner ;)
 to answer your question:  with hubby's 12 hr shifts(day, 2 nights, days off before the cycle repeats), we have to check if we are available on weekends for invites to bqs and camping) so we haven't as yet had the chance to host dinners- exception-2 months ago we did host a tiki party ,inviting the friends we camp with-COUPLES(2-6- two  empty nesters ,one childless, a single mom and her 26 y.o son dh' younger friends (30's) have started their families so that tribe we camp with  kidsSIGH[size=78%]);   we like to socialize with other couples( like we did in our 20's);  if it's a family occasion then 6-10[/size]

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms