Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mom's Driving Me a Bit Nuts  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Katy

Mom's Driving Me a Bit Nuts
« on: October 06, 2018, 05:26:46 AM »
I've been spending a lot of time at my Mom's helping her pack up her home lately, and she's driving me a little nuts. I know she's very anxious about the huge changes in her life, and I'm trying to remind myself to be compassionate, but sometimes It's really hard to keep that in mind when she's asking me so many questions and fretting over her things going into storage.

What do you tell yourself when someone is driving you a little crazy? I could use some peaceful mantras or thoughts right now to help me get through the rest of the packing and the move.

Empty Nest Moms

Mom's Driving Me a Bit Nuts
« on: October 06, 2018, 05:26:46 AM »

Offline cherie

Re: Mom's Driving Me a Bit Nuts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:19:53 AM »
Well, I think it depends on how these changes could affect her lifestyle. This kind of scenario requires a lot of patience and I would suggest that you keep assuring her that all will be well and that it would help if she would stop worrying too much. Over time, I have realized that a positive mindset tends to influence every other sphere of our lives, including how we relate with other people.

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 04:31:15 PM »
I agree with Cherie, a positive mindset can do wonders and really is contagious. Well, it can be.

I'm sorry that you and your mother are going through this right now. Why are you putting things in storage? Is she moving into a retirement home or downsizing?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 04:31:15 PM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:06:10 AM »
Thank you both for the advice! I think I'll start playing some inspirational music while we work on packing things. :) That always puts me in a better mood!

Bewitched, my mother is in the early stage of Alzheimer's, and we are moving her in with my husband and me. We want to care for her as long as we can before we have to resort to any type of nursing home. We hope to give her some wonderful times before her disease advances.

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »
Putting on some inspirational music is a great idea! If you know any bands or songs that she particularly enjoys, it might help boost her mood too!

I'm so sorry to hear that. She's lucky that she has such a wonderful daughter and son-in-law to take care of her during this time! I'm sure that makes it very difficult for her to give things away since they're familiar to her. I recently read this book on decluttering and whatnot that said you should handle each item personally and ask yourself, "Does this bring me happiness?" It made throwing and/or putting away things much easier for me.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms