Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Where will you be spending your holidays?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline girlchild34

Where will you be spending your holidays?
« on: December 05, 2018, 05:52:31 AM »
With the holidays around the corner, we must all be having plans of some sort. When they were young, we'd literally beg our children to let us sleep a little longer on Christmas mornings because they would be up by 6 am. We are planning to host our children sometime before the close of the year since they already have plans for the festive season as we also figure out where to spend our time, in their absence.

Offline LeeAnn

Re: Where will you be spending your holidays?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »
We're hosting our children as well, and it looks like my brother-in-law and his wife will be joining us. I'm looking forward to having a full house.

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 05:19:52 PM »
At home! It will be mostly just us and the kids. We do have some neighbors coming over. We may go visit my sister and her family later in the day. It's mostly just going to be a quiet family affair. That doesn't happen to often anymore so we are taking advantage of it.

Hope everyone else has a great Christmas.

Offline noodle

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »
My husband, sons, and I are driving an hour to my sister's house. She and her family live in the big city, so this will be a nice change from the super-quiet suburbs. Merry Christmas!

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 03:38:13 AM »
That is such a cute dog LeeAnn. We all seem to have plans of some sort and I think we have to remember to be grateful for the great year we have had. I always remind my children to be thankful for each day that comes and goes besides ensuring the maximization of every opportunity that comes their way.  :merrychristmassanta:  to all!

Offline Layla

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 07:27:24 AM »
I am making dinner on Christmas Day. Our daughter will be here, and my husband and I have invited both of our parents over. It's been a long time since we all got together like this. I'm really looking forward to it.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms