Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Life-changing  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Bewitched

Life-changing
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:44:53 AM »
What books, shows, or movies have changed your life for the better? One book that really touched me is Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood. It touches on all the different kinds of female relationships and how they have the power to do irrevocable harm or be eternal sources of comfort. It was eye-opening for me when I read it back in the '80s.

Offline David

Re: Life-changing
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »
I read The Diary of Anne Frank growing up and it always stuck with me.  Just how much courage a person so young could have and how she could find fun and happiness in such a scary situation. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
Hi,

I found this question very interesting :039:  like David I have read Anne Frank too in the days when I could seem to chill out better.  I did see the film Lovely Bones not long ago and read the book.  Such a sad film and book but it showed me that spirits can be watching which has helped me.  Horrid man in the film though. X

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »
This thread just got me thinking about the last time I ever read a book. Nonetheless, Daniel Coleman's Social Intelligence is one book that challenged my way of thinking and perception of people. I am looking to read Emotional Intelligence, written by the same author.

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »
Anne Frank is a good one! I haven't read that in a long time. I think of a quote from it often though that goes along the lines of, "Despite all of this, I think people are really good at heart." I try to carry that with me.

I've read The Lovely Bones and it was a beautiful story, although very sad and traumatic as well. I love the idea of how spirits can stay connected with the living though.

Cherie, I've never read those books but they sound very interesting!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 01:47:03 PM »
The Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie. It's such a mix of tragic, funny, hopeful, and sad in a way that feels good. I like how the main character, Andy, quietly succeeds in his awful situation. I was also totally drawn into the community that the prisoners made for themselves.

Offline noodle

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 10:30:18 PM »
I still think of the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell and the interesting topics in it. He's the author who brought up the idea that if you devote 10,000 hours to something, you pretty much are then an expert.

Offline Katy

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 05:17:39 AM »
The Diary of Anne Frank was eye-opening and very memorable. What a terrifying time this had to be for her and her family, and she displayed incredible courage.

Another book that touched my heart is, "A Street Cat Named Bob." I'm a big animal lover, and it just amazes me how a cat's unconditional love helped his human overcome drug abuse.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 05:17:39 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 10:39:33 AM »
The Diary of Anne Frank was eye-opening and very memorable. What a terrifying time this had to be for her and her family, and she displayed incredible courage.

Another book that touched my heart is, "A Street Cat Named Bob." I'm a big animal lover, and it just amazes me how a cat's unconditional love helped his human overcome drug abuse.

it’s funny, you’ve read two books the same Katy.  I enjoyed the street cat named Bob book too.  I think he bought a house with the earnings from his book as well which is a good ending. X

Offline cherie

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 11:49:28 PM »

Since I have decided that 2019 is going to be a year where my love for books is going to be revived, I have added these two to my 'to-read list'. It is always exciting when a reader picks a lesson from their favorite book.

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
A book that really touched my heart is "A Child Called It". It's about a little boy who suffers horrific abuse at the hands of his mother. I remember reading somewhere in recent years that it was a hoax, which I hope to God is true! The abuse the poor child endured in that book broke me when I read it. I hugged my babies a little tighter at night.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms