Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

Member's Pets

Views: 1550
By: Jeanine
HT in a box

Views: 1989
By: sunflower
Hubby and I

Views: 1359
Member's Pets

Views: 1557
Island

Views: 1781

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The best parts of having pets  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Moonlight

The best parts of having pets
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »
I read txzookeeper's posts in another topic about pets, and it feels bittersweet. They are a great company and often feels like our own children. The only drawback is the heavy feelings when they get sick or die, especially since their lifespan is usually shorter than us. Sometimes that drives me away from getting a new pet.

Empty Nest Moms

The best parts of having pets
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »

Offline Bewitched

Re: The best parts of having pets
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »
It's very sad when your pet gets sick or dies. This doesn't stop me from getting pets though! It has changed my perspective about buying puppies over older dogs though. Rescuing an older dog is so fulfilling. You know you are giving them a better life than they have. I go in with the idea of, "I want to make sure this animal has the best years of their life before they die." Every animal deserves some good years! Knowing that I'm rescuing an animal that would have died in the shelter helps ease the pain when they eventually pass.

Offline littleone

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:32:45 AM »
It's very sad when your pet gets sick or dies. This doesn't stop me from getting pets though! It has changed my perspective about buying puppies over older dogs though. Rescuing an older dog is so fulfilling. You know you are giving them a better life than they have. I go in with the idea of, "I want to make sure this animal has the best years of their life before they die." Every animal deserves some good years! Knowing that I'm rescuing an animal that would have died in the shelter helps ease the pain when they eventually pass.
That's admirable! I tend to lose confidence before I start. What do I do if I can't give them what they deserve? I know taking care of them is not just about feeding or bringing them for a walk outside. I wonder if I'll ever have a pet this way.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:32:45 AM »

Offline Layla

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 06:48:48 AM »
Losing a companion is truly one of the worst heartbreaks there is. I hate that part so much. Our pets have much shorter lives than us, which is so sad. But, for me, the joy and love that my kitties bring into my life outweighs the end part and the sadness.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 03:35:43 AM »
Knowing that our pets have a shorter lifespan than us makes it hard for us to let go of them when it is their time to go. However, when we think of "everything" in this world, there is no permanent thing. We will also pass away in the future, not sooner I hope. We should spend our time enjoying each other's company, humans or pets, while we still have a life to enjoy it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 03:35:43 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms