Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daughter seeking a promotion  (Read 2455 times)

Offline cherie

Daughter seeking a promotion
« on: October 02, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
My daughter is a diligent worker, and this is backed by the numerous accolades she has won, in the course of her career. Despite building a social network and blending into the existing relationships, she feels that office politics are a major stumbling block in her career growth.

I have advised her to hang in there and keep giving her best, but it can also be annoying when things aren't working the way we want them to. I remember a few instances when I almost quit my job, under similar circumstances.

Empty Nest Moms

Daughter seeking a promotion
« on: October 02, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »

Offline David

Re: Daughter seeking a promotion
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »
Has she asked for a promotion?  I know some females are hesitant to bring it up, but she should try the direct approach if she hasn't already.  Other than that, getting an inside mentor might help too.  She should also consider updating her resume and shopping it around for a better offer. I hope it works out for her! 

Our children are living and working in a different world than what we're used to.  There's no loyalty between employers and their employees anymore.  No drive to promote from within the ranks.  No burning desire to stick with the people that were first trained.  Really, not much willingness to train new folks at all.  It's tough for this younger generation. 

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:27:40 AM »
Has she asked for a promotion?  I know some females are hesitant to bring it up, but she should try the direct approach if she hasn't already.  Other than that, getting an inside mentor might help too.  She should also consider updating her resume and shopping it around for a better offer. I hope it works out for her! 

Our children are living and working in a different world than what we're used to.  There's no loyalty between employers and their employees anymore.  No drive to promote from within the ranks.  No burning desire to stick with the people that were first trained.  Really, not much willingness to train new folks at all.  It's tough for this younger generation. 
She hasn't asked for a promotion yet. A senior manager resigned to take up a rewarding position elsewhere and the company is seeking to promote from within. The problem is that it is a rewarding opportunity hence the interest from a lot of employees within, some of whom aren't as qualified.

I have floated the idea of updating her resume and applying for several jobs because she could still experience career growth elsewhere. I do agree that the loyalty that we so got used to while working, is all down the drain now.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:27:40 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 06:19:37 AM »
Office politics make things so tough. I hate how the politics play such a big role in the workplace.

I think your advice is good. An updated resume and looking for other opportunities is a great idea. If they don't appreciate all of her contributions at her current place of employment, I hope she can find another company that will!

Offline littleone

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:29:47 AM »
My daughter is a diligent worker, and this is backed by the numerous accolades she has won, in the course of her career. Despite building a social network and blending into the existing relationships, she feels that office politics are a major stumbling block in her career growth.

I have advised her to hang in there and keep giving her best, but it can also be annoying when things aren't working the way we want them to. I remember a few instances when I almost quit my job, under similar circumstances.
How is it going with your daughter now? If she wants to stay, she has to keep on showing her best performances. Later she may get the chance to show her interest in moving up in her career which she can use.

Honestly, this kind of politics is one of the reasons I prefer to work on my own.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 06:29:47 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 05:55:06 AM »
Hey littleone, sorry for not updating you soon enough. She got an opportunity in another company and joined them in February. Her former employer wasn't willing to let her go but she had already made up her mind. Isn't it ironical that most employers only try to hold onto a resource once they hand in their resignation? Wouldn't it add more value if entities did all they could to hold onto loyal employees to prevent them from seeking opportunities elsewhere?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 05:55:06 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms