Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Natural Remedies for Insomnia?  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Katy

Natural Remedies for Insomnia?
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:50:20 AM »
We've been packing up my mom for her move into our house, putting things into storage, etc.

I've found it difficult to sleep lately. I'm just anxious about all that there is to do and how mom moving in will change our lives.

I'd rather not take any prescription sleeping pills. Do you all have any natural remedies that help you sleep when you have too much on your mind?

Empty Nest Moms

Natural Remedies for Insomnia?
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:50:20 AM »

Offline cherie

Re: Natural Remedies for Insomnia?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
I lose sleep in the middle of the night, whenever I hop into bed before 10 pm and so sleeping at a few minutes past this time, has almost become routine. I would suggest that you take time to think through your anxiety and really figure out what's worrying you most. Your mom moving in may actually herald the best time of your life!

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:12:52 AM »
I usually go for warm drinks before bed if I feel like I'm too alert to sleep. Warm milk or warm water mixed with honey are some examples. I've heard people recommend tea, but I don't agree because it makes you want to go to the toilet often. That's not going to help anyone sleep!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:12:52 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 05:30:58 AM »
Thank you both for the suggestions! I'll see about journaling a little to see if I can get to the root of my anxiety.

I really like tea, so that's a natural choice for me, but maybe I'll try the warm milk to see if that helps, too. :)

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »
That's more like it Katy; it will really help if you can really narrow down to what's making you anxious because then, you can formulate a regime that relaxes the mind, just before bedtime. I avoid any kind of fluids before going to bed to avoid having to wake up during the night!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms