Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Doing much better!  (Read 1270 times)

Offline FeelingAlone

Doing much better!
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:12:53 PM »
It's been a while since I last posted and was checking in, saw this new topic so thought I would respond.

I am happy to say that I'm doing much better now since I last posted and my daughter went off to college (several hours away!) I did find a new job in the health field which I like very much and pays a lot better. :13: [size=78%] [/size][/size] I've made myself join a crafting club which is a lot of fun and have made a few new friends, two of which are also single. That has been a big help.[size=78%]

I do still miss my daughter being near but we talk a lot and I think she is glad that I am starting to 'get a life' now. She'll be home for Thanksgiving and Christmas so that will be fun having her home again for a while.

All in all, I think I just might make it through this 'empty nest'!

Offline David

Re: Doing much better!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:49:24 PM »
It sounds like things are going well for you, FeelingAlone.  That's great news!  How long have you had your new job?  Do you think the change of work scenery has helped with your transition towards contentment?  It's a brave thing to switch jobs like that! My daughter started college, and it's been tough, but like you, we're looking forward to our time with with her during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I just hope we don't fall apart when she leaves again.

Offline cherie

Re: Doing much better!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:25:36 AM »
I love it when I hear stories like this because this is a phase that is not easy for any parent. I am almost certain that you will transition really well because unlike you, I didn't immediately find something to keep me busy and divert my mind from thinking about my son who had just started college.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms