Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Loving this time of my life....  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Elizabeth

Loving this time of my life....
« on: September 28, 2018, 02:45:50 PM »
I did wonder in the beginning if I ever wood but now I can see I have finally come to this point. I think we all would like the old times back sometimes but time changes and evolves we end up where our 'parents' were when we were growing up.....and wonder where the heck did the time go!?

All in all though, I have come to terms with how things are and accept that we just have to try and make of it what we can. Try to make the most of it and for those that are still struggling, hang in there and keep at it. Don't give up on yourself you can make it through and enjoy your life again with the kids all grown up.  :tinypinkflowers:

Offline Moonlight

Re: Loving this time of my life....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »
Yes! I always love the positive messages I find around here. Thank you for sharing!
If I may add a little bit, I'll also say that it's okay to be somehow different from what you imagine. As you find new things to focus on, you may end up in a place you don't expect. It confuses me sometimes, but it also teaches me to relax and go with the flow.

Offline David

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 11:11:28 PM »
The positive messages from those who have made it to the other side really help.  I like how realistic everyone is about it too though, and doesn't insist that being an empty nester is all gloom and doom nor all rainbows and sunshine.  Of course, there's both good and bad for this season in our lives, just like with any other.  I'm glad you're doing well and appreciate your sharing, Elizabeth!

Offline EllieM

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 06:22:07 AM »
How wonderful that you feel this way! I have to say that I get better as time goes by. I had a rough first few years of being alone, but now I am doing quite well, trying my best to enjoy this time, treat it as a fresh new chapter that I can write in my own words  :13:

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 02:13:33 PM »
Thanks for the positive vibes, Elizabeth! I've been trying to stay positive lately. I'm a worrier at heart. My version of "Prepare for the worst but hope for the best," has always been, "The only way to prepare for the worst is to expect the worst." It's not a healthy mindset! I'm still not a "hope for the best" type of person but I'm getting there. I pray for the best and just try to be laidback and ready to take whatever life throws at me.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms