Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Relatives clamoring for your free time and space?  (Read 195 times)

Offline David

Relatives clamoring for your free time and space?
« on: September 28, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »
Is it just me, or do some folks think that you have tons of free time and extra storage space the moment you become an empty nester?  My brother wants to store "a few boxes" in my daughter's room.  Well, she has a tiny dorm room, she didn't buy a home.  Her room in this house is still hers and her stuff is still here.  There is no extra space!  My niece tried to hit us up for free babysitting services  I never asked anyone to babysit for free and both my wife and I still have demanding jobs.   I'd volunteer to help my niece if she was having an emergency of some kind, but wanting to have a date night is not an emergency. 

Does anyone in your circle operate under the assumption that you have tons of free time and extra space now?

Empty Nest Moms

Relatives clamoring for your free time and space?
« on: September 28, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

Re: Relatives clamoring for your free time and space?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:55:39 AM »
Is it just me, or do some folks think that you have tons of free time and extra storage space the moment you become an empty nester?  My brother wants to store "a few boxes" in my daughter's room.  Well, she has a tiny dorm room, she didn't buy a home.  Her room in this house is still hers and her stuff is still here.  There is no extra space!  My niece tried to hit us up for free babysitting services  I never asked anyone to babysit for free and both my wife and I still have demanding jobs.   I'd volunteer to help my niece if she was having an emergency of some kind, but wanting to have a date night is not an emergency. 

Does anyone in your circle operate under the assumption that you have tons of free time and extra space now?

Yeah I can relate a bit David.  My brother asked me when my daughter left home and Mam died “so what will you do with your time now” totally insensitive and no idea being childless himself the grief involved.  I would say there’s no space David.  Like you say it’s your daughters room.  My daughters is the same as when she left it,  although less messy and dusty.  She loves coming to visit as it was and I like it that way.  She gave me permission to decorate but I said no it’s lovely as it is x

Offline Katy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:26:46 AM »
That is definitely frustrating. Of course your daughter's room is still hers. I assume she'll be coming home for breaks and over the summer.

I'm sorry your family assumes that you should drop things and help them.

My mom and I are having a bit of a time of it packing up her things because she believes we have more room than we actually do. We want her to be comfortable, of course, but we also have to be realistic with how much of her stuff we can comfortably fit into our home.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 06:36:55 AM »
I definitely don't have that problem as I don't have a lot of friends and family around but I can only imagine how frustrating that may be. I don't know why they would think you suddenly have the need to babysit or have so much time and space on your hands because someone moves out. It may be the case but I don't think they should be asking you for it without you mentioning it first.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 06:36:55 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms