Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Your peaceful moments  (Read 972 times)

Offline Moonlight

Your peaceful moments
« on: September 27, 2018, 12:04:02 AM »
Sometimes my day is so slow that I can just sit and do nothing. That's when I realized how much I missed these moments of peace. We were so busy with school, college, friends, work, families, and the extra activities. Our worlds were flipped around in crazy speed, but now the control is back in our hands.

What do you think about in such moments?

Offline cherie

Re: Your peaceful moments
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 04:46:36 AM »
Well, I think almost every empty nester relates to this. I love those moments of complete silence and tranquility because I get to look back at all moments that have decorated our lives. I use this opportunity to read a book or go fishing.

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 02:08:45 PM »
I try to relish those peaceful moments as much as I can. As an overthinker who can easily get anxious, maintaining those peaceful moments requires me to sort of turn off my brain, to escape from thoughts about the real world. Writing, painting, browsing the internet (i.e. shopping), or a nice book are usually the best ways for me to stay tranquil and peaceful.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 02:53:24 AM »
I can only imagine how much it means for you, Bewitched.

If you use the time to read a book or browsing the net, then I suppose you still have your mind occupied with other thoughts. When you go fishing like cherie, though, time seems to stand still. What kind of thoughts do you usually have? Do you find yourself thinking more about the past or the future?

Offline Katy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 05:13:06 AM »
Sometimes I like to just sit and look out the window for a few minutes. I enjoy the beauty of the tree in our yard and the birds who visit it. It is difficult or me to turn my brain off. I find myself thinking about what I still need to do and our future as a family. I'm working on just enjoying a few peaceful moments at a time.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 08:30:11 AM »
I am like you, I try to think about how I missed these moments of peace. They used to be so rare and now I find myself having these moments daily. Even when they just left the nest, I had a hard time finding peace because I was always worrying. Now I've let go for the most part and it's my time again!

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms