Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mom's Moving in!  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Katy

Mom's Moving in!
« on: September 25, 2018, 04:24:40 AM »

We are busy packing up my Mom's stuff and getting her ready to move in with us in mid-October. She is excited she'll be with us for Halloween - we have a lot of kids in the neighborhood who come trick-or-treating at our house.

We are going to put a lot of her furniture in storage for now because we aren't sure what to do with it all. Do we donate or sell it or do we keep it?

This will all take some getting used to, but we are so glad that we can offer my Mom some comfort as her disease advances.

Empty Nest Moms

Mom's Moving in!
« on: September 25, 2018, 04:24:40 AM »

Offline cherie

Re: Mom's Moving in!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »
It is such a good feeling to hear that there will be more laughter and activity (in the neighborhood) as a result of your mom moving in. There's nothing quite like a mother's love, and I know that she will enjoy her stay. You could select the furniture that you feel is worth keeping, then donate the remainder.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
Are you selling her house which means you have to empty it out?  That is so hard...  I feel for you.  I hope you have help.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 05:54:03 AM »

We are busy packing up my Mom's stuff and getting her ready to move in with us in mid-October. She is excited she'll be with us for Halloween - we have a lot of kids in the neighborhood who come trick-or-treating at our house.

We are going to put a lot of her furniture in storage for now because we aren't sure what to do with it all. Do we donate or sell it or do we keep it?

This will all take some getting used to, but we are so glad that we can offer my Mom some comfort as her disease advances.

Katy you will have to keep us posted on how things are going for you and how you are.  You need to look after yourself as well and enjoy doing things that destress you. I’m sure your Mum will appreciate being with you, as if not and if you weren’t close enough you wouldn’t want Mum with you, so I think you have a good judge on how things will be.  My cousin had her Mam living with her (Mams sister) she loves her being with her,    It’s hard sorting parents things especially emptying their house.  Mine was our childhood home and I found my ponytail I had cut off when I was ten, I never knew Mam kept it, that was heartbreaking.  I kept some things but Mam had different taste, everything was gold colour and glittery lol opposite to me.  I would store things as well for now, as when we are busy we get rid of things that later on we wish we had kept. Xxx

Offline Katy

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 05:58:29 AM »
Yes, we are emptying the whole house. It has been rough! I am not working right now, so it has mostly been me going through her stuff with her, trying to decide what to keep and what to donate, throw away, etc. My husband helps on weekends. There is so much to do!

Guineagirl, it is so sweet that your mom kept your ponytail. I've run across a few things I made for my mom when I was young. It sure brings back some memories.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 05:58:29 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms