Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Interesting....  (Read 149 times)

Offline FeelingBetter

Interesting....
« on: September 24, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »
And I would love to hear from others also! As for me, I think I have finally come out the other side. We're doing ok now. Hubby and I are doing more things together and keeping busy. Loving life and we do keep up with the kids. They're good at calling or coming to visit when they can so that does help. All in all things are good. Hope everyone else is doing ok or at least getting to that point?

Offline Katy

Re: Interesting....
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:16:57 AM »
My husband and I are doing okay right now. We have learned a new, "normal," but we'll have to learn yet another new normal soon, as my mom is moving in with us. It will be quite an adjustment, I'm sure, but we will get through it.

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:20:00 AM »
I wouldn't say that we are past this phase completely but from where we sit, our progress has followed a really exponential trajectory. Looking back, there was a time when adjusting to doing things together was a struggle, but right now all that seems to be in the past. The kids don't come around so often and we don't worry too much now because of the realization that they are full adults.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »
How long did it take you to reach this point? All I know is that this phase is a long one for some people, and quite short for others. If from the very beginning couples don't understand how to cope with it, then the situation becomes a vicious cycle that keeps coming and going.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms