Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supplements that support a positive mood?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline David

Supplements that support a positive mood?
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:16:58 AM »
Does anyone here take supplements for supporting a positive mood?  I know genuine depression is a very real thing that often requires prescription medication, but that's not where I'm at.  I'm talking about just needing a slight improvement.  My doctor recommended that I try St. John's Wort, but it upsets my stomach.  Is there anything else that works for you all? 

Empty Nest Moms

Supplements that support a positive mood?
« on: September 20, 2018, 08:16:58 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Supplements that support a positive mood?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »
David, a natural pill, like that, sounds good to me.  Are you taking it with food? 
My pill was knitting.  I sat and rocked and knitted like a crazy woman.  Someone told me it was the rhythmic of the needles that eased my mind.  Good luck David..  if that does not work, try another! 

Offline David

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 09:27:45 AM »
Just read the label and you're right, taking it with food is one of the suggestions. I'm not usually a breakfast eater, but I guess I'll start having a piece of toast to go with my coffee.  I could never knit.  I'm way too clumsy to pull something like that off.  Do you still knit or have you found another outlet?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 09:27:45 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 12:47:28 PM »
Does anyone here take supplements for supporting a positive mood?  I know genuine depression is a very real thing that often requires prescription medication, but that's not where I'm at.  I'm talking about just needing a slight improvement.  My doctor recommended that I try St. John's Wort, but it upsets my stomach.  Is there anything else that works for you all?

I don’t take any for mood David as like you things cause me indigestion. Even though they are herbal they can still cause issues with some people. I do take a multivitamin.  Do you take them?  Deficiency in some vitamins can cause low mood.

I got very bad about a year ago with depression,  worthlessness as well as hopelessness,  I had counselling I didn’t help me if I’m honest, but what works for me is cycling every day and a coffee in my local coffee shop en route. If it weren’t for that I would be quite bad.  I never felt like this prior to all the grieve I went through. 

Offline Katy

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 04:58:18 AM »
David, I would try to take the St. John's Wort with food first to see if that helps. If you still have indigestion, I would ask your doctor about other mood-enhancing supplements, like SAMe, B vitamins, and vitamin D. Lavender can be used as an essential oil to help boost mood, too.

Like MaryB, I find knitting very soothing. I think it does have to do with the repetitive, rhythmic motion.

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 08:13:48 AM »
Guineagirl, I'm glad you've found something that makes you feel better.  I do take a multiple vitamin, mainly because my parents always gave them to us and the habit stuck.  I'm not interested in exercise.  Well, I know I should exercise some, but I have a tough job and when I get home I'm all about books and television.  In other words, I'm just too darn lazy.  Biking sounds like it could be fun though.  How long have you been doing that?  I've lost people close to me and grief fades with time.  I hope it works that way for you too.  You sound like such a lovely person. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 08:13:48 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
Guineagirl, I'm glad you've found something that makes you feel better.  I do take a multiple vitamin, mainly because my parents always gave them to us and the habit stuck.  I'm not interested in exercise.  Well, I know I should exercise some, but I have a tough job and when I get home I'm all about books and television.  In other words, I'm just too darn lazy.  Biking sounds like it could be fun though.  How long have you been doing that?  I've lost people close to me and grief fades with time.  I hope it works that way for you too.  You sound like such a lovely person.

Hi David,

Aww you are kind, and to be honest your wife is very lucky, not many men are so thoughtful. Mine well he’s a caveman, he says he isn’t but mmm I disagree.  Me and my daughter gang up on him something rotten lol all in good fun, I miss that. 

I understand the tired thing after work very much and we all relax in our own chosen way don’t we and doing it if you were shattered would be counter productive anyway.

I’ve cycled all my life especially since 2010 for my health.   I love old railway tracks and go on cycle routes a lot but day to day it’s to and fro chores It just saves me the time I would have to find going to a gym so I just fit it in here and there. Plus I’ve made friends in the coffee shop with a few people who I chat to.x

Offline David

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »
I grew up in a houseful of sisters, then it was my wife and daughter - they all claim to have taught me how to behave like a gentleman.  Truthfully, I'm better at expressing my feelings online to strangers than I am directly with the people who are right in front of me.  I hope that makes sense. 

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 05:58:48 AM »
I grew up in a houseful of sisters, then it was my wife and daughter - they all claim to have taught me how to behave like a gentleman.  Truthfully, I'm better at expressing my feelings online to strangers than I am directly with the people who are right in front of me.  I hope that makes sense.

I understand the keyboard thing as eye contact sometimes people aren’t comfy with.  My husband has four brothers so I reckon that has something to do with it plus I should of knocked him into shape years ago :( 

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »
You know what's been a game changer for me? Magnesium supplements. Magnesium helps with all sorts of things, including depression. It might be something worth looking into!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms