Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is education that important?  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Moonlight

Is education that important?
« on: September 20, 2018, 04:32:09 AM »
I've seen people who achieved success without outstanding education, and those whose titles fail to get them the 'right' job. As much as everyone has the right to get it, is it really worth all the debt and stress? What do you tell your children and grandchildren?

Empty Nest Moms

Is education that important?
« on: September 20, 2018, 04:32:09 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Is education that important?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
Wow, good question.   I have seen people with nothing climb the ladder, seemingly to be at the right place at the right time, and  then I seen people with high degrees struggle..  Who knows! 
I did push my son to get a vocation, in his case electrician, but when he met that family it all went down hill. 

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »
That's exactly right. I don't think formal education teaches you how to be at the right place and the right time, thus my question. It never hurts to have a degree, but sometimes it feels like a chain that prevents you from trying something else. How do we find the balance?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 05:13:58 AM »
That's tough. I, too, have seen people with little education go to the top of companies and others who have a lot of education be stuck for years at the, "bottom." I think your connections and networking skills have as much to do with, if not more to do with, how far you get in your career as education and experience do.

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 11:10:10 AM »
I think that education is important when it is looked at broadly and not only as a means to an end. Again, we have to draw a distinction between knowledge and education because that person that climbed the ladder of success without going to school, could have acquired skills in other ways, other than through attending formal education. Whichever way we want to look at it, working smart seems to be the denominator.

Offline LeeAnn

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »
Love the responses to this question. I agree that there's no guarantee of a golden career based on having a degree or having attended a name-brand school. Timing — including even being born at a specific time and place — can't be controlled, yet plays a role in job searches.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms