Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feeling useless  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Guineagirl

Feeling useless
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:27:35 AM »
Hi,

Rant time Im afraid.  I feel useless, my daughter has suspected dvt and is being kept in hospital.  I feel useless I knew last night when she rang if I lived near I would of took her to a and e and suggested she ring or go to a and e but she said she would see how it looked overnight. I got no sleep.   She has no support network where she is apart from work colleagues.   I made her a dr appointment for today and the dr sent her to hospital about two hours ago.  I feel useless it’s not like I can nip over it’s about three to five hour drive.  How I wish I could just go with her.  This living away has its drawbacks and times like this we want to help.  If it weren’t for mobiles I don’t know what empty nest or their homesickness would be like. 

Empty Nest Moms

Feeling useless
« on: September 19, 2018, 09:27:35 AM »

Offline Moonlight

Re: Feeling useless
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 03:18:23 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's condition. I hope she won't have to stay at the hospital for long. It sure is hard when you can't support her when she's sick. Can someone help to drive you there? If it's really impossible, maybe you can send something to help her recover and do everything you can from a distance.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 06:05:12 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's condition. I hope she won't have to stay at the hospital for long. It sure is hard when you can't support her when she's sick. Can someone help to drive you there? If it's really impossible, maybe you can send something to help her recover and do everything you can from a distance.

Luckily Moonlight she didn’t stay in, and because she kept me in the loop I feel better.  She is a good daughter really making sure I know what’s going on, I think I was a lot more selfish than her with my Mam.  I can drive but with no sleep I wouldn’t want to.  She can’t walk well at the moment, I guess when she lived at home like parents do we were there to take her places she needed to be. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 06:05:12 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 01:47:26 PM »
I can just bet, too, that she missed you as much as you missed her during this ordeal.  I'm so glad she is out and so glad she keeps you in the loop   :smileyholdingflower:

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 11:39:56 PM »
I'm so sorry you had to go through that! It's so hard to know that your child is hurting and there's nothing you can do to help. I'm sure she was missing her momma! I'm glad that she's doing well and that she kept you in the loop throughout the ordeal. I hope her walking gets better soon!

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 05:05:50 AM »
I'm so sorry you had to go through that! It's so hard to know that your child is hurting and there's nothing you can do to help. I'm sure she was missing her momma! I'm glad that she's doing well and that she kept you in the loop throughout the ordeal. I hope her walking gets better soon!

Thank you all of you, she’s walking better now.  How I wish like a lot on here do about their children she lived nearer.  She unlike me has a sense of adventure and loves looking for culture in different placces.  I think she is a lot more intelligent than me though, I don’t know where she got that from  :(  though. :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 05:05:50 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 04:31:42 AM »
I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is doing a little better. I bet she wanted you there by her side when she wasn't well, too. Nothing is better than having your Mom close by to comfort you when you don't feel well.

I hope your daughter continues to improve. Please keep us posted.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 04:31:42 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms