Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: When you don't know what to do  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Moonlight

When you don't know what to do
« on: September 19, 2018, 12:36:41 AM »
I made a to-do list a few days ago, but now I have no motivation to do any of them. Other days I simply have no idea what I should do! This period is like my second chance at life, so I feel bad when it takes forever to get out of those unproductive days. How do you usually handle it? How can I end such days quickly?

Offline cherie

Re: When you don't know what to do
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:29:29 AM »
I have made many to-do-lists before, and the best way to achieve this is first be realistic with these targets. Do you remember the SMART formula in the objective setting phase? Anyway, I have learned to go easy on myself and mostly concentrate on those things that I know I can easily handle, then push myself to achieve the hard tasks, step-by-step. Use the moments when you feel bad for not achieving something, to actually tell yourself that you owe it to yourself to go for any goal that seems insurmountable.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 11:29:29 AM »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 04:07:26 AM »
When I first made it, I thought that it wasn't an impossible quest. "Exercise at least four times a week." I don't even know why I lose spirit so easily the next day, so I keep on delaying the plan. Suddenly, it's already another week! I really should fight my procrastination. Making it much simpler sounds like a good start. Thank you for the idea!

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 08:19:03 AM »
Exercising four times a week sounds like a lot, but if you scratch out a certain amount of time it might feel more doable.  Like, do yoga for 15 minutes after breakfast, ride my bike for 30 minutes after work, or do water aerobics from 6:00-6:45 p.m.  Sticking to the same time period each day might help too.  At least that's how I trick myself into accomplishing things.

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:47:43 PM »
When I first made it, I thought that it wasn't an impossible quest. "Exercise at least four times a week." I don't even know why I lose spirit so easily the next day, so I keep on delaying the plan. Suddenly, it's already another week! I really should fight my procrastination. Making it much simpler sounds like a good start. Thank you for the idea!
I set a lower bar for myself, but found it hard to exercise, three days in a week. The point is that enough time should be put into setting realistic objectives, then seeing to it that we strive to meet and hit any sort of milestones, along the way.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 04:47:43 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms