Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Last child is a senior  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Almost empty

Last child is a senior
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:05:15 PM »
Hi. I’m new. My youngest is in her high school senior year. I feel like I’m already grieving. I’m lethargic and not as motivated to embrace and enjoy her year as I had planned. I’ve been home 20 years. I’ve pulled back from social things over the past two years. I have a long list of home and family projects but I can’t seem to start any of them. She’s in band so she’s gone until dinner each day. I feel like a bad example to her not having a job and letting this lethargy get to me. She’s a great girl and it’s not her fault. I have two cats. One is very affectionate so that’s fun and helpful. I just can’t seem to get going and have never felt as socially disconnected as I am currently and not interested in it in person really. I feel this looming transition and I just want to get on with it. If I do 2-3 tasks in a day I feel accomplished :( I’ve never been Suzy supermom so these feelings are not what I expected. I hope this post isn’t too long. Thanks

Empty Nest Moms

Last child is a senior
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:05:15 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Last child is a senior
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »
Hello and welcome to the family, Almost Empty... :big hug smiley sign:
Your post is not to long,  you write as much as you want.  We're here for you.  I totally understand your feeling sad for the upcoming empty nest.  I hate that you are hurting already, but I do understand.  It's a fact of life that nothing stays the same and this is another stage in your daughter's life, but that does not mean we have to like it..  we just have to accept it...  You have to pull yourself up and move though, you cannot give in to the depression.  Your daughter will still be in your life, but the relationship will change is all.  I know!  I know!  I dont like it either...  but we have to accept it.  You come on and talk because we've all been thru it or are going thru it and we understand.  I hope someone can say something to comfort you...   :big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign: :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Almost empty

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:07:09 AM »
Thanks Mary B.
It helps to talk it through. She deserves me being my best self especially while she is still home. I haven’t exercised as regularly as I used to so I’m sure that will help my thinking. Some encouragement and accountability for that would be helpful. I’m actually very excited for my daughter and love her coming into her own. She needs the separation to see her potential. I don’t live through her or micromanage her. We’re a pretty laid back family. I’ve encouraged that we go ahead and reflect on her childhood regularly by looking at pictures and talking about memories. It’s therapeutic for both of us. I think she’ll do well in college. Tomorrow I need to order her senior pictures and take care of some errands. As a graduation present I’m waiting for the Dr Seuss book Oh the Places you will go to come in so I can start getting signatures from all of her previous school teachers before May. I’ve started taking Serenol. I’m 46. It’s only been a month and I’ve read it takes at least two months to start calming menopause symptoms. I’m hopeful about that. Good night and thanks for the support.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:07:09 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 06:12:41 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling so much. Anticipatory grief is common and normal, but I hate that you are having to deal with it. Change is never easy.

Can you start trying to form some social connections now? I wish I had started trying to reconnect with people before my daughter left home. I know it's hard to motivate yourself to do that when you don't feel like doing anything, but I think you'll feel better when you can connect with some friends - maybe even some friends who can relate to what you are going through.

Hang in there, and always write as much as you want. We're all here for you.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »
Katy's right, Almost Empty..  we're here for you!   :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 01:57:54 PM »

Offline Almost empty

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:04:50 PM »
Thank you
I’m exploring some options

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »
Welcome, Almost Empty!

I swear, sometimes the pain we feel in anticipation of an event can be even worse than when it actually happens. It's completely natural though! I had a very similar experience, especially with the lethargy and diminished social connections. For me, the diminished social connections were the biggest issue. Once I really started reconnecting with people, other things began to fall in place. It was hard for me to get the drive to even do that but once I did, things slowly got easier. I started reaching out slowly on social media and worked my way up. That's what worked for me at least!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms