Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Learning new stuff about your spouse  (Read 1547 times)

Offline David

Learning new stuff about your spouse
« on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:31 PM »
My wife and I are recent empty nesters and everyday I feel like I'm learning something new about her.  For instance, I thought Dunkin Donuts made her favorite ground coffee since that's what she always bought.  So, I surprised her one morning by bringing her breakfast in bed complete with coffee.  I noticed that she just sipped it and realized something was off.  Turns out, it's my daughter that likes that brand so that's what my wife bought.  I don't have a sophisticated palate and think all coffee tastes the same, so I'm happy to go back to Folgers which is what my wife likes.

Is there anything new you've learned about your spouse since your kids left?

Offline MaryB

Re: Learning new stuff about your spouse
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
Oh David, that made my day!  You have a great marriage, and you both can turn to each other to get thru this trying time.  Not everyone has that!   :(

This is a loaded question for me, what I've learned about my husband..  lol  We have not grown closer I'm afraid.   :dunno:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 01:24:27 PM »
That is really hilarious but what I'd say is that this is a perfect opportunity to get to know our spouses more and/or align ourselves to what they enjoy doing. With the kids on their own now, I have gotten to know a lot about my husband and vice versa and so we laugh out loud every time a new discovery is made. It is quite an interesting learning curve.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 01:31:28 AM »
I honestly felt pretty bad that my wife had been making that coffee sacrifice and I didn't even notice  Of course, we all make sacrifices for our children, but for some reason, that coffee thing bothered me.  I made her promise to buy what she likes and do what she likes instead of trying to please me or our daughter from here on out.  I feel like I dropped the ball on that one.

Mary B., our daughter just left for college so I haven't had time to get on my wife's nerves yet. I'm sure it's coming.  Does your son (was it Jimmy?) still live with you all or did he move again?   My wife and daughter have similar hobbies and tastes, so they've always been close.  I'm more - that goofy man who is the third wheel.   :dunno:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 01:31:28 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 09:10:36 PM »
No, David, you are the loving husband and father..  Personally I want to clone you! 
My son is still here and chipping away at his debt.  Really he is doing good but is biting at the bit to get out on his own.  Meanwhile to help him we are adding debt that we didnt have before..  I keep looking for that money tree!  :dunno:

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 10:13:18 AM »
Well, I'm here if you ever want to vent.  I couldn't stand to live with my parents and not pay my own way, but my daughter was disappointed in the amount of financial support we've provided for college, so maybe it's generational.  One thing about it though is that we need money to care for ourselves in our elderly years.  I remind her that if I provide a lot for her now, we'll likely become a burden later on. 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »
But David, my son was never like this till he got in with that family.  He is not the same.  He is more like them now, than us.  I hope the son I raised will return because I know deep inside he is in there,  right?
He is in such dept he cannot pay much but I do see he could help out if he wanted to. 
Thank you, David.. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms