Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just wondering, What is Next for You?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline FeelingBetter

Just wondering, What is Next for You?
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:17:01 AM »
I know it is still hard for some of us getting through this empty nest phase and was wondering if you have thought of what you want to do now? Have any of you tried making new plans for your further? Are you trying to get 'reconnected' with your spouse? Thinking of getting a new job or even going back to work?

There's so much that can be ahead of us but just seems at times to take a lot of effort to get going again after we find ourselves with an empty house.

Just some words to think on (not that most of haven't already been 'thinking' and wondering!) Would love to hear some of your thoughts and ideas. Who knows might even help some to get encouraged to get motivated and kick some new ideas around.

Empty Nest Moms

Just wondering, What is Next for You?
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:17:01 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Just wondering, What is Next for You?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 11:44:18 AM »
Nice post FeelingBetter! And yes I think it would be great to get some ideas and thoughts going on this subject. Anyone?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:55:16 PM »
I cant about the empty nest, but I can relate to retirement and I can say NOTHING went as I had planned....  they say there are 3 opinions,  your's, mine and God's and you know who wins every time!
I'm curious what other's have done, too.   :goodpost:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:55:16 PM »

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 09:51:57 PM »

FeelingBetter, my wife and I both still work and we love our jobs.  My wife and I have always been close, but it's easy to forget how much time and attention a child requires as the years go by.  I guess we're learning how to live together again. 

MaryB., I love that photo of your pups.  I can NEVER get mine to sit still and look at me when I'm trying to photograph them.   Maybe that's a new skill I could learn as an empty nester.

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:57:45 AM »
I've been trying to focus on getting myself to go out more; to meet new people, find new interests, and broaden my horizons. I just feel like if I keep doing the same things and hanging out with the same people all of the time, I'm never going to really break free. Does that make sense?

My husband and I are also taking on a new venture together - we're going to remodel our house. We're going to try and do the work ourselves too. Neither of us are super handy, so it should be a fun learning experience.

I read somewhere that learning something new together is one of the best ways to reconnect with your partner. We're hoping that's true!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:57:45 AM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 12:22:42 PM »
MaryB., I love that photo of your pups.  I can NEVER get mine to sit still and look at me when I'm trying to photograph them.   Maybe that's a new skill I could learn as an empty nester.

lol David..  that is my one baby sitting on her sister!   They usually sit up there together but the one would not move so she kinda thought about it and sat down anyway.  I laughed so hard over that.  It's one of those rare pictures that caught a perfect moment.. 
Thank you for compliment. 

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 12:23:32 PM »
I've been trying to focus on getting myself to go out more; to meet new people, find new interests, and broaden my horizons. I just feel like if I keep doing the same things and hanging out with the same people all of the time, I'm never going to really break free. Does that make sense?

My husband and I are also taking on a new venture together - we're going to remodel our house. We're going to try and do the work ourselves too. Neither of us are super handy, so it should be a fun learning experience.

I read somewhere that learning something new together is one of the best ways to reconnect with your partner. We're hoping that's true!

I think that is true.  The more we do, the more experiences we have, the more we find we like!
Good luck to you! 

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 03:36:07 AM »
Hi! All those thoughts had crossed my mind in the past. The biggest change so far is my own lifestyle. Improving the current relationships and creating new ones are much more challenging. As for career, it's too late to make a shift now.

A friend made a casual remark about taking it slow and enjoying the moments. "Take it as break time." Sitting at home all days would make me crazy, but I do try not to overthink these things.

Offline cherie

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 11:16:29 AM »
When our last born daughter left for college, I realized that I needed to stop being erratic and settle on a routine that I'd follow very diligently. It wasn't easy at first but after some time, new friends started occupying my space. On the other hand, being alone with your partner helps you to know them better and so, it becomes possible to wade through this phase, together.

Learning something new (together) is definitely a nice way to reconnect!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 11:16:29 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms