Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi Mary, how is your doggy doing?  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Hi Mary, how is your doggy doing?
« on: September 04, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »
You mentioned in another post that she had surgery, what was it for and hope that she is doing much better now!  :smalldoggie: :smalldoggie:

Empty Nest Moms

Hi Mary, how is your doggy doing?
« on: September 04, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Hi Mary, how is your doggy doing?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 06:14:47 PM »
Hi Jeanine,  :039:  and thank you for asking.
She had her surgery 7/17 , and they were to send her stone off to see what it was made up of so we could adjust her diet...  well they didnt send it in and when they found it,  sent it in, just got the results back.  It is mainly calcium oxide  so she has to be on special food now.  I hope she would never get another UTI again and NEVER another stone!  Doc said there are no guarantees though, and the food is so expensive. 

How is your new kitty, Jeanine! Well not so new now!

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
Well let's hope she doesn't! What kind of special food do you have her on? I know that some of that stuff you get from the Vet's office can be really expensive. Can you shop around for some that she can eat? I hope she stays healthy now.

Was this the newer one you adopted or the one you already had?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 06:36:27 PM »
It's my Mia,  my Bichon, the white one.  She is 10.5 now, blind in one eye and not so good sight in the other!   :(   She is my heart <3
It's Royal Canine Urinary S/O  $27 for 6.6lb bag.   :dunno:

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 11:14:09 AM »
Oh wow, good thing she is a small dog! Does it have to be that brand or will any that is good for urinary infections work as long as it is a good brand?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 11:14:09 AM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 07:31:47 AM »
sorry to hear about your Mia, Mary. I hope she stays well. I know it is always hard on us when one of our furbabies get sick. Have you had her since she was a puppy?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 05:23:11 PM »
Hi Bev, and yes since she was a baby.

Jeanine it is a prescription medicine.  Can only buy it thru prescription.  The vets carry it and also Chewy, but Chewy was more expensive.  I think Amazon too but also more expensive, and you have to have the prescription

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 09:38:59 AM »
Hi Mary, that's a bummer that you can only get it by prescription. I was on Chewy yesterday (order my cat food from there) and checked it out. Not sure if your area is different or not but saw a 17.1 bag for $53.99 (51.29 for auto ship). Didn't you say  you're paying $27 for a 6.6lb bag? Looks like you could get more for your money and last a little longer if you can pay a little higher price.

Only thing, they will take your pet and vet info before shipping to get approval and I know from experience that some Vets don't like for you to order it on line, just buy it from them! I actually had a Vet tell me one time when I mentioned about buying the heart worm meds online that he would have to charge me more for the office visit!! (should have kept my mouth shut!)

Good luck and hope it keeps working for you!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »
Thanks Jeanine!  That is a better price, and that's including shipping!  Wow.. 
I picked up a few cans of wet food because I give that to them as treats.  It was 3 something for a 13 oz can!    :dunno:

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 12:41:39 PM »
Sounds like you can get some decent prices on that website so will have to check it out. I haven't had to order anything that is prescription (so far) but will certainly shop around if I need to. Should be cheaper then getting whatever it is from a Vets office.

Hope your Mia stays well on this diet Maryb.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 12:24:40 PM »
Thank you my Elizabeth!   :039:

Offline Katy

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 05:03:53 AM »
MaryB, I'm so sorry your dog had to have surgery to remove a stone. I hope the food will prevent her from getting stones in the future. I know the food is very expensive - I have had to buy prescription food for one of my kitties before. Did your vet recommend that your dog drink more water? Water can help prevent the formation of urinary stones as well as feeding the food. Please keep us posted!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 09:04:16 PM »
Thank you Katy! 
I have had her on probiotic, water increase and cranberry pills, for years because she gets UTI's...  I add water to every meal and this new food,  Royal Canine for urinary problems is made to have them drink more.   I never had a pet that got UTI's before.. 
So the prescription food helped your kitty, Katy?

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
Hi Maryb, trying to get caught up on some post and remembered this one....how is your Mia doing now? I know it's been a while since her surgery. I hope she is getting along better now. I know how important our fur babies can be to us!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 03:33:26 PM »
Thanks Bev! Yes next month will be a year.  I keep wanting an xray to see everything is clear but I guess that's not safe either.  I have her on the special diet and even special diet treats for stones, so prayerfully it will never happen again. 
The vet said there's no guarantees even with the special care.  Oh and only distilled water! 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 03:33:26 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms