Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Inviting Friends in Our House  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Yosita

Inviting Friends in Our House
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
I have no problem with my children's friends coming to our house. What I don't like is when these friends of theirs become too comfortable enough to treat our home like it was theirs. How should I tell this matter to my children and their friends?

Empty Nest Moms

Inviting Friends in Our House
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Inviting Friends in Our House
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 06:59:20 AM »
What ages are they?

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »
I have the same question as MaryB. My sons were not that outgoing, so they had a few friends growing up. I had no problem with their friends coming to our house because most of them had good behavior.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 09:35:14 AM »
Yosita, are they basically eating you out of house and home and leaving lots of messes for you to clean?  That's what it sounds like from here.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 09:35:14 AM »

Offline Mom56

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 07:28:51 PM »
i would tell them that THEY are responsible for their friends' behaviour( when ds was 15, we left him alone for a weekend to go camping- we were able to TRUST our precocious son, providing him with the availability of the next-door neighbour ,in case of emergency or any assistance ,if needed);  dh had told him if  any of his beer ,in the bar fridge ,in the garage was missing, HE would be responsible, if our house rules were ignored,HE would be responsible, and i know that you will make sure your friends' abide by our expectations because YOU will be responsible for their behaviour

Also ask them to explain ,politely, to the friends what you expect(the same expectations of your kids) ;  when the friends are over you say "we don't do that here, that's not acceptable in our house"

Offline EllieM

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 06:38:53 AM »
This is a difficult subject I think because in my house my kids' friends were always welcome to feel right at home, take anything out the fridge they wanted or needed. Never had to ask for something to drink. They also never abused this "hospitality." They weren't over that much but when they were, they would take one or two drinks. I think it's a difficult topic, but maybe try and talk to your children?

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 04:02:16 AM »
I hope everything is okay with you Yosita.

If the children are grade schoolers, then it is easier to talk to them compare to teenagers. Maybe you can tell your children the clear rules of your home and everyone should abide by it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 04:02:16 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms