Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Entrepreneurship  (Read 51 times)

Offline ava

Entrepreneurship
« on: September 01, 2018, 08:16:24 AM »
All my kids have an entrepreneurial side and I always joked to them that it is their dad that is more entrepreneurial than myself. We have had a family business that has been running for a long time and even though two of our children now work, they play a part in the day-to-day running of the business.

So the other day, our eldest son came to us with an idea of starting his own business. It is something that he has thought over but we have asked him to give it more time, then start it, while he still works. Whereas we cannot tell him directly, there is a general feeling that we may not have much of his input in the family business, once he goes solo.

How would you deliberately talk to your child without necessarily jeopardizing his chances of making it big on his own? Besides, his business will deal with a totally different sector, so there will be no threat to our family business.

Empty Nest Moms

Entrepreneurship
« on: September 01, 2018, 08:16:24 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Entrepreneurship
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 10:20:18 AM »
I dont think there is a way.  We want them to try and 'grow up'  and 'cut apron strings' but we want to hold on and control them, to protect them.   I think of the mother bird throwing her baby's off the nest..  OMG!!!  How does she do that !!!! 
Good luck to you.  You are in a tight spot.   :(

Offline ava

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 05:35:40 AM »
I dont think there is a way.  We want them to try and 'grow up'  and 'cut apron strings' but we want to hold on and control them, to protect them.   I think of the mother bird throwing her baby's off the nest..  OMG!!!  How does she do that !!!! 
Good luck to you.  You are in a tight spot.   :(
Wow, what an analogy! If there is anything I admire in the animal kingdom, it has to be the way their little ones are trained to adapt to a new environment. Would it be what we call 'tough love?

I am in a really tight spot but somehow, we will find a workable solution. Our son now seems to have taken a step back in order to put everything into perspective!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 05:35:40 AM »

Offline Yosita

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 09:13:10 PM »
I admire your family for having the entrepreneurial drive. Starting a new business can be daunting for us who have no courage or even inclination to manage a business. I hope everything goes well with your son's plans.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 07:00:57 AM »
Yes, no matter what, it is a scary place.  Good luck to you all!   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Sweet

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 08:33:10 AM »
I tried having my own business before. I was very optimistic while planning the business. It was harder doing it than when I was thinking about it. I eventually gave up because I didn't get enough profit for me to continue doing it. The business I had was the buying and selling of handbags.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 08:33:10 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms