Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Empy Nester at what age?  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Joann

Empy Nester at what age?
« on: August 28, 2018, 04:17:04 AM »
I feel like there aren't many senior empty nesters. Many of my friends are about 60, some even in their 50s and became empty nesters in their late 40s or early 50s. I'm getting along with them fine, but I was 68 when all my kids had all left home. When did you become an empty nester?

Offline cherie

Re: Empy Nester at what age?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »
Well, you bring up a good point because it got me trying to figure out when the empty nest syndrome started to set in. If I would go back to when our first kid started college, then it was in our early 40s. All the same, it wasn't so hard to get along with my friends.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline Gerri

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 04:03:56 AM »
I was in my early 50s/late 50s when my children moved out. At first I was doing great, because I was still young, had a great marriage and had lots of friends. I was able to spend my time outdoors. The older I get, the lonelier it gets.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:57 AM »
My nest has been completely empty for about 6 years, so not too long. My youngest moved out only 6 years ago at 25, so she left quite late on in life. And I am not sure if that makes it easier because I've had her around for a longer time, or harder because I've had her around for a longer time. I was in my late fifties.

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 10:57:21 PM »
I became an empty nester at age 52. I'm 54 right now. I've been single and living on my own for the past year, so my nest is truly empty! It was a hard adjustment, but I'm getting more and more used to it and I must say I love the freedom.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 10:57:21 PM »

Offline MomDeb

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 02:35:17 AM »
I am in my late 50s, and I just sent my youngest off to college. I had my daughter and then I didn't have my two boys until I was in my mid-thirties. I definitely feel old compared to a lot of other empty nesters out there.

Offline JoanK

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 07:23:02 PM »
I'm 56 and my husband is 63.  Our younger son started college last month, and our older son (24) moved out shortly after.  We were both married before, so we got a late start!  I do have a stepdaughter who's 35 (she didn't live with us) who's been on her own for many years. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 07:23:02 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms