Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Challenging Time  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Kimber

Challenging Time
« on: August 19, 2018, 03:34:53 PM »
 :sign0144:  Hi everyone!  My DS left for college yesterday and is now living 2 hours away.  Last year, he attended a much smaller college 50 minutes away where he lived in a dorm through the week. He came home every weekend.  He'll no longer be able to come home on the weekends and he's attending one of the largest universities in the country, which has me worrying more about his safety.  He's excited, and I'm proud of him, but I'm feeling lost without him being here.  I've been crying at random times; it comes on suddenly and I can't hold it back.

I feel like I need a few days to get my emotions settled, but I start a new internship tomorrow.  It's not good timing at all!  I went back to college to be an elementary teacher.  I'm starting my last 2 semesters of student teaching, which I've been placed in a 2nd grade classroom.  Tomorrow, I go meet everyone for the first time and will have a full day of helping setup the classroom, then in the afternoon it's open house where parents and students visit the classroom to meet their teachers.  It's a 12 hour day, which means 12 hours of constant anxiety and being uncomfortable with strangers in a new environment.  I need to perform well.  We were told to look at everyday as an interview and to go above and beyond what's expected.  I'm not feeling it, and I'm afraid I'm going to get sick from it all with already being wound up and exhausted from getting my son ready and driving him to his dorm yesterday.  I'm also fragile emotionally, and I'm terrified I'll start crying there!  I don't know how I'm going to get through this week!

I'm grateful to have found this community, but sorry everyone has been going through all the emotions that come with a child leaving home.  Thanks for reading!

Empty Nest Moms

Challenging Time
« on: August 19, 2018, 03:34:53 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Challenging Time
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:54:04 PM »
Awww Kimber,  your feelings are so very normal.  You have to give yourself time.  This will be hard but it just may help you, keeping your mind concentrating on the job at hand.  My heart goes out to you because I do see tears at random times for a while.  You'll get thru this, we all have.  Nobody likes it but you know it's what's best for your ds...   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:24:45 AM »
I've been there but I can't say I exactly know how you feel. I can relate though. My heart goes with you and sharing our experiences here can ease up the emotional burden a bit. I will be praying for you Kimber.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 04:24:45 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 04:14:33 AM »
Kimber, I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this right now.  It's a lot to handle! 

Perhaps the internship will be a good distraction.  It may keep your mind off your son for a little while.  But if it doesn't, just take things one day at a time, one minute at a time, if you need to.  You can do this.  You have a lot  of inner strength.  Know that it's natural and perfectly okay to grieve your son leaving, too.  If you're struggling at your internship, maybe you can call a trusted friend on a break and talk to her for a few minutes or just take a little walk around the school to have a few minutes for yourself.  Hang in there the best you can, and know we are always here to listen!

Offline Gerri

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 07:22:53 AM »
It is so incredibly difficult, but it gets better, I promise! At first we don't know what to do with ourselves and all we can do is cry. But soon you will see that your son is a grown-up and is able to make his own decisions, because that's how you raised him - why you raised him! Put some trust in him and all will be well!

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »
Hi Kimber, welcome to the forum (I'm a bit late in the welcome). How are you doing now and how is your son? Has he gotten settled in to his new college?

Please check back with us when you can, we are all here for you!

Take care now.... :tinypinkflowers:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 01:40:28 AM »
Welcome to the site, Kimber! I'm sorry I'm only just getting around to saying hello.

I hope that all is going well with your student teaching! I applaud you for even getting out there and trying to do a 12-hour day. I don't think I could do that, even in a completely calm state of mind. I hope that it's helped you with your pain rather than compounding it.

It's completely normal for you to worry about his safety. But try not to let it consume you! It will eat you alive, let me tell you. I know that's way easier said than done, but hopefully your internship will help you out. You at least have another responsibility to focus on.

I hope that he still gets to come visit you fairly often. It's important for him to do things on his own though. I know that might not be what you want to hear, but it's something that's helped me a lot along the way. I'll be thinking of you!  :cheer:

Offline txzookeeper

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »
I hope your internship went well. It's really hard when our kids grow up but I hope the internship proved to be a good distraction. Come back and update us! 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms