Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Last One Leaves For College Tomorrow  (Read 2762 times)

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

Last One Leaves For College Tomorrow
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:27:46 AM »
I haven’t been here in awhile! I went thru a spell last year, I was freaking out about her leaving. And had really bad anxiety about it. I somehow got over it. She is moving into her dorm tomorrow. Although, she will only be 30 minutes away. I’m still so very sad! I’m trying so hard to hold it together. I have cried and cried. And my tummy is so nauseous from anxiety, I can barely function :( my dr took my anxiety med away about a month ago. I was on another med, they didn’t think anxiety med was good combined with it. So, I’m dealing with things all natural. And I hate not having any sort of relief. I feel better when my husband is home in the evening. But not functioning all day til evening. Makes for a very long rough day. I’m no longer on the other med. so I’m thinking I will go back to the dr & ask for the anxiety medication again. I’m sitting here typing & crying. Trying to see through my tears. All I’ve known is being a mom. I know I’ll always be their mom. But, you guys know it’s just different & just trying to get used to the new normal. I made the mistake of not having a back up plan or a life for when they are gone. Although, I know I’ll be ok, I’m still so sad & I feel so sick. Coming out on the other side for the 2nd round can’t come fast enough! I’m ready to be ok & living my new happy life! And to add, my anxiety causes more anxiety if that makes any sense. In the past my anxiety has been so bad. I have been sick in bed & threw up for 2 weeks straight. It has happened a few times & it is so scary going thru it. Thinking it won’t ever end.

Empty Nest Moms

Last One Leaves For College Tomorrow
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:27:46 AM »

Offline Sweet

Re: Last One Leaves For College Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:18:23 AM »
We will get through such times. Have you considered getting a puppy or a kitten for you to be busy again? There is no easy answer to having situations like this. Time might ease up a bit of your loneliness so don't despair. We are here to support in any way we can help. Hang in there.

Offline cherie

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
This is a tough situation but I believe that you will get over it. How often do you speak with your daughter and have you had bouts of anxiety before? It would make things easier if you spoke to her often and found an activity to keep you busy. Try to surround yourself with other moms who can help you get through this. The various experiences may vary but the common thing in this journey is the impact the support from others can have on us.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 08:42:26 AM »
Thank you both for your reply! We bought 2 dogs over the past year and a half. While our daughter was a senior. I was having a rough time during her senior year. So we got the pups. They do keep me busy! I joined a knitting group & I have been doing things with a few friends. And I am going to start working more in our business.

I have anxiety normally. So this has just magnified it. I try my best to talk positive & get rid of the negative thoughts. But my tummy ache won’t go away. I feel so sick. Like I will throw up. It goes away around 1pm. For some reason it lasts til then. No matter if I keep myself busy in the morning, it won’t go away until the afternoon?

All of my friends have small children. One friend has a son in high school but her other is in middle school. The rest of my friends kids are middle school or elementary. So they don’t understand what I’m going through

Offline Kimber

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 04:09:37 PM »
 :big hug smiley sign:   I just moved my son into a dorm yesterday.  It's not easy dropping them off and leaving, especially with pre-existing anxiety!  I've always struggled with anxiety.  Some days are better than others, but with all the activity, packing, preparing your mind for them not being at home, and the unknown come together and it's a lot to process.  I hope you're feeling a little more settled now your daughter is moved in?  I felt better speaking with my son today; he was excited, and getting things figured out. He likes his roommate, but his other roommate hasn't arrived yet, so my fingers are crossed they all are a good fit.

I used to be on anxiety medication for a short time, and it helped get me through a tough time, but my doctor retired and the new one doesn't like to prescribe anxiety meds.  She took me off it first visit a couple years ago.  I was disappointed at a recent appointment with her.  I told her about having severe panic attacks lately; I thought I was having a heart attack, then when nothing happened I thought something still must be wrong medically and went to urgent care (after hours) just to be safe. They told me to follow up with my doctor. So I went to see her and instead of getting treatment, she acted like me just bringing up anxiety medication was a sign I'm a drug addict.  I left there really upset like I was being judged unfairly.  I'm not looking to get high; I just want to find a solution to the problem of having a physiology that I don't want and can't control and is affecting my ability to function.

Just wanted to say I can relate to dealing with anxiety along with a child leaving home.  Hope it's getting better  for you!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »
That is so sad that the druggies have made it so the doctors wont even give us sleeping pills now thinking we are addicted! 
I'm sorry Kimber..     :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »

Offline Sweet

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 08:34:36 PM »
But my tummy ache won’t go away. I feel so sick. Like I will throw up. It goes away around 1pm. For some reason it lasts til then. No matter if I keep myself busy in the morning, it won’t go away until the afternoon?

Do you eat a breakfast meal or just coffee? Caffeine from coffee or tea might increase our anxiety so better lessen the intake of these drinks. One banana has the same energy effect as a glass of coffee. Still, better consult your doctor about this matter.

Offline Marie

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 06:04:30 AM »
I am so sorry you are struggling so much with this.  No matter how much we try to prepare ourselves for this, it always seems to hit hard. 

Have you tried any breathing exercises for the anxiety?  A therapist might be helpful right now.  Someone to talk to who can help you learn some ways to deal with the overwhelming anxiety.  I know that some anti-depressants also help with anxiety, so that might be something to talk to your doctor about.

We are always here, too.  This community is really great and has been so supportive to me.  I hope that you find the support you need here, too. 

Try to take it one day at a time, one minute at a time, if you need to.  The anxiety won't last forever, though I know it can feel that way!  Please take good care of yourself, okay?

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »
That is so sad that the druggies have made it so the doctors wont even give us sleeping pills now thinking we are addicted! 
I'm sorry Kimber..     :big hug smiley sign:

I’m so sorry your doctor isn’t willing to work with you! And I hate being treated like a drug seeker! Ugh!! That is no good at all ☹️ I ended up going to a different doctor & she gave me what I needed! Thank goodness!!! It helps a little but doesn’t completely get rid of my tummy ache 😖 I just keep trying the self positive talk. It helps somewhat. I also went off of my antidepressant. And have been wondering if that may be why my stomach is bothering me? I can’t remember how long it has been. But I googled it & it says withdrawal lasts about 2 weeks. But could last longer. So I’m thinking I may need to start taking the medication again. I haven’t been crying as much & I have been getting to chat with her on the phone! She will be home Saturday & we are having dinner for her brothers birthday Friday 🤩 how are you doing?

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 08:52:49 AM »
@Marie I was on Lexapro & stopped it. I have no reason why! I think it may be a reason I may be having trouble with my tummy. I read withdrawal symptoms. But I also read the med helps with anxiety also. So, I think I will go back on it! I am in Counseling. And get ideas about how to lessen the anxiety. I am thinking I overnthink everything. And I believe this is my issue right now ☹️

Offline MaryB

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 08:55:32 AM »
I am ok, tired but ok.. lol
Naw, I dont go to doctors, but I know that is how they are.  My son, for example,  cannot sleep.  But the doctors wont give him anything and over the counter aides scare me because out of being desperate he takes to much trying to sleep.  Last nite he was up all nite.. and has to work all day.  It is a problem.  Something in my side of the family because none of us sleep well. 
Hugs to you  Mom..   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »
I am so sorry you are struggling so much with this.  No matter how much we try to prepare ourselves for this, it always seems to hit hard. 

Have you tried any breathing exercises for the anxiety?  A therapist might be helpful right now.  Someone to talk to who can help you learn some ways to deal with the overwhelming anxiety.  I know that some anti-depressants also help with anxiety, so that might be something to talk to your doctor about.

We are always here, too.  This community is really great and has been so supportive to me.  I hope that you find the support you need here, too. 

Try to take it one day at a time, one minute at a time, if you need to.  The anxiety won't last forever, though I know it can feel that way!  Please take good care of yourself, okay?

I haven’t been eating breakfast for the last few weeks. My tummy is so sick, if I even think about eating. I feel like I’m going to vomit ☹️ So no food or coffee. I love coffee with my breakfast. But am so sick I can’t drink it. I normally can’t eat unti around 1. Even tho I feel hungry, the sick feeling is overwhelming.
I did forget maybe 2 years ago? I was diagnosed with a spasming esophagus. And I got really bad sick like I am now. My husband reminded me today about it. He had me take Zantac & pepto. The Zantac I took first & 30 minutes later, I felt like I was starving!!! I hadn’t felt that feeling in awhile! So I took pepto & then at toast! Going to take another Zantac before bed. And see if my husband might be onto something. I thought it was anxiety related. Because of the timing of my daughter preparing to move and then moving. I feel like the sickness I am feeling is adding to my sadness. I feel I would be doing really well if I didn’t feel so ill! I cried so hard today when my husband came home. I told him I was so desperate I was thinking of going to the ER! So thankful he thought of my diagnosis & thought to suggest a the Zantac! Phew! I sure hope this continues to bring me relief. So i can get back to living my happy life 🤩

Offline Sweet

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 02:03:00 AM »
I will continue praying for you Momof2Rugrats if this is okay with you.
Our emotions can take over us so I'm glad that your husband is there with you to support during the trying times. How about eating cookies or fruits just to put something in your tummy?

Offline MomOf2Rugrats

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »
I will continue praying for you Momof2Rugrats if this is okay with you.
Our emotions can take over us so I'm glad that your husband is there with you to support during the trying times. How about eating cookies or fruits just to put something in your tummy?

Prayer is much appreciated ❤️

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 12:11:19 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms