Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Son Dating A New Girl  (Read 2194 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

My Son Dating A New Girl
« on: August 05, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »
We meet new people when going to new places. Our eldest is now dating a new girl in the country where he is working. I have considered his longtime girlfriend since high school as a daughter. Now, I'm embarrassed that this happened to her. I can't decide for my son, but I wished that he had thought more about this.

Empty Nest Moms

My Son Dating A New Girl
« on: August 05, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »

Offline cherie

Re: My Son Dating A New Girl
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 02:27:06 PM »
Wow, I can imagine how it would feel like if you bumped into his longtime girlfriend; have you ever considered what you'd tell her? This is quite a tricky situation, but I do hope that your son makes the right choice, eventually. For how long will he be in that country?

Offline Katy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:00:11 AM »
How long will your son be in another country?  Maybe the long-distance relationship was just too much for him?  I feel bad for his long-time girlfriend; breakups are rarely easy.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 05:00:11 AM »

Offline Sweet

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 10:54:36 AM »
I can't imagine how his ex-girlfriend would feel. Long distance relationship will take its toll on either of the couple or both. You can still consider his ex-girlfriend as a close friend if ever she wanted to go to your house.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:43:22 AM »
How long will your son be in another country?  Maybe the long-distance relationship was just too much for him?  I feel bad for his long-time girlfriend; breakups are rarely easy.
The length of his stay in that country depends on him. He seems to enjoy his work there so I'm assuming he might live there. He had plans to bring his girlfriend there, but I don't know what happened to their relationship.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:43:22 AM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 05:18:37 AM »
I'm sorry this is happening.  Are you close enough with your son that you can ask him what happened?

In any case, if you are close to his ex-girlfriend, I don't see anything wrong with continuing to have contact with her if she'd like.  If you two are close, she might consider you like a second mom to her.  She may find it a comfort to stay in touch.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 02:25:14 AM »
I would be happy if she will continue coming by the house because she is like a daughter already. I'm just sad that she won't become my daughter-in-law in the future. She's a lovely lady both in looks and in character.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 08:13:38 AM »
Oh I am so sorry you're being put in this situation. This is not nice. I'd first try and make clear what exactly is going on with him and his girlfriend back home, so he doesn't put you in an awkward situation if you were to ever see her out and about. I hope he is grown enough to make the right decision in the end.

Offline SusanWGF

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 04:15:07 AM »
That's a tough position to be in. I understand being close with your son's long-term girlfriend, but if he's ready to move on, I believe he should be supported in that choice as well. Hopefully there's been an amicable solution to this problem.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 04:15:07 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms