Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anger management  (Read 1571 times)

Offline haidyl

Anger management
« on: July 31, 2018, 02:30:30 PM »
When is the last time you shouted at someone just because you thought they were treating you unfairly? How did you feel afterwards? I have snapped a few times before and I wish I could have handled some situations differently. How about you?

Empty Nest Moms

Anger management
« on: July 31, 2018, 02:30:30 PM »

Offline Henley

Re: Anger management
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »
I can't recall a specific incident but I'm sure it's been more recently than I'd like. I'm more likely to snap when I believe someone is treating my children unfairly though. I do wish that I didn't snap quite so easily but I'm also glad that I'm not afraid to stand up for myself and others. I just wish I had a more eloquent way of doing it.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 05:14:55 PM »
No, you know what, I learned that I sleep better over the words I did not say.  Really.  Sometimes you just have to give it to God

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 01:42:45 PM »

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I have a temper.  I always snap and I always feel guilty afterwards for doing so.  I guess last time I snapped because I was being treated unfairly was just a few days ago when my mother kept complaining about every little thing I do for her. 

No, you know what, I learned that I sleep better over the words I did not say.  Really.  Sometimes you just have to give it to God
That's a smart way of looking at it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 01:42:45 PM »

Offline Krista

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 03:31:12 AM »
I'm a little embarrassed because I'm more passive.  Sometimes I wish I had the confidence to speak my mind.  I'm more likely to just bite my tongue and wait for an appropriate time to walk away.  I end up keeping a lot of feelings in, and that makes it hard for me to sleep at night.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 12:04:27 PM »
I was talking to my friend today who was wishing that he had more impulse and reflex to respond to someone who was treating them unfairly. He tends to be more passive (like Krista) and will think of an appropriate response much later, after something has happened. I have learned to analyze situations and know when to respond. Like Mary B says, some words are best left unsaid; you end up feeling more peaceful afterwards.

Offline Marie

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 04:00:22 AM »
After some time debating on whether I should say anything or not, I finally confronted my daughter's boyfriend over the way he talks to her.  I didn't yell at him, though, as much as I wanted to.  I stayed calm and explained to him that we don't talk to each other in our home that way.  He was a little shocked, but he didn't react in anger or anything the way I feared he might.

I really try to think about what I want to say before I say it.  It's so easy to react and say something we don't mean or regret later.  I used to be very bad about that, but I've gotten a lot better about it over time.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 04:00:22 AM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 10:01:06 AM »
I can't forget what I did to my son when he was 5. I scolded him for something that he did not do. I found out later that it was my husband who did it. It was a learning curve for me to ask first before getting mad.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 02:50:03 AM »
I can't forget what I did to my son when he was 5. I scolded him for something that he did not do. I found out later that it was my husband who did it. It was a learning curve for me to ask first before getting mad.
Wow, most parents would find it really hard to say sorry, in such situations. Most of the personality traits aren't innate and so we have to learn some things on our own. In reality, we earn respect based on how we respond to situations. We attract people based on how we react. Anger management isn't an easy fete though; it isn't a journey for the faint-hearted!

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »
It is hard to swallow my pride at first because I thought I did nothing wrong. I gathered up my strength to approach my son and asked for forgiveness. I smiled because it is like I heard myself with his response. He said: "Don't do it again mommy!"  :13:

Offline haidyl

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 05:28:14 AM »
It is hard to swallow my pride at first because I thought I did nothing wrong. I gathered up my strength to approach my son and asked for forgiveness. I smiled because it is like I heard myself with his response. He said: "Don't do it again mommy!"  :13:
This was so sweet of you. Kids are very keen and I am sure you asking for forgiveness helps him learn from example. Over time, we learn that scolding and shouting at people doesn't solve anything; instead it instills fear.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 09:40:36 AM »
Over time, we learn that scolding and shouting at people doesn't solve anything; instead it instills fear.

I couldn't agree with you more. There are only two ways to have our kids follow us, either we do it with fear (by scolding and shouting) or we do it with love (by being a good example).

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 09:40:36 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms