Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How To Get Comfort?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

How To Get Comfort?
« on: July 30, 2018, 11:15:42 PM »
I was talking with a friend lately who lost his father a year ago. Her way of getting comfort is by keeping her father's belongings. She told me that sometimes she would wear her father's coat and imagine how his father would react. We all have different ways to find comfort, what's yours?

Empty Nest Moms

How To Get Comfort?
« on: July 30, 2018, 11:15:42 PM »

Offline Marie

Re: How To Get Comfort?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 06:28:28 AM »
I haven't lost either of my parents yet, but I have lost a close friend.  On the anniversary of her death, I like to take time to think about her and all of the great times we had together.  I visit her grave sometimes and talk to her, wishing she was here to give me some advice on the problem I'm dealing with. 

I made a scrapbook of memories, and I will look though it when I'm feeling sad about her loss. It brings me a little comfort.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »
Marie, I'm sorry that your friend is gone.  I hope her family is okay.   I'm like you, going to the grave and just talking to the person comforts me.  I visit my father's grave often.  I like to decorate it for the holidays and his birthday and just talk to him.  The passing of time helps a great deal, but you never forget your loved ones. 

MomofTwo, thank you for sharing the story about your friend.  My sympathy goes out to her.  It sounds like she's healing and doing okay.  I'm glad you asked the question because it is hard to deal with the pain of loss.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:38:37 AM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 07:11:48 AM »
I scan the pictures of the family member that has passed away. For this reason, I regularly print a copy of the pictures on my phone so that whatever happens I still have a hard copy.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 05:54:04 AM »
When my Mam first died two years ago I used her handbag she used for nearly the two years until I felt ready to use my own.  I created a picture gallery with a couple of pictures of her and had a canvas made of her lovely cat.  I couldn’t have the cat but I paid for him to be placed in a retirement home for cats where he will live his days, he won’t ever be moved from there.  I can’t move his picture  it has to be near where I sit.  I also keep white feathers I find in a box as I believe it’s from my parents watching over me.  It’s just my way of coping x

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 02:54:19 AM »
Those are amazing ways on how to keep your parents close to you.  :13:
We can remember our loved ones who have gone ahead of us by using the things they always use when they were still alive. Like me, I somewhat smell the perfume of my father whenever I hold his coat.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 02:54:19 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 05:40:32 AM »
Those are amazing ways on how to keep your parents close to you.  :13:
We can remember our loved ones who have gone ahead of us by using the things they always use when they were still alive. Like me, I somewhat smell the perfume of my father whenever I hold his coat.

Thank you MomOfTwo.  It’s lovely you have his coat.  I know what you mean about smelling his perfume too. 

Offline Sweet

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 09:40:34 AM »
Call me crazy because I talked to the picture frame of my late husband during the rough times. It gives me comfort seeing his picture and it is like his picture talks back to me.  :(

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 11:34:06 AM »
Call me crazy because I talked to the picture frame of my late husband during the rough times. It gives me comfort seeing his picture and it is like his picture talks back to me.  :(

I think if it gives us comfort then we must do it.  I understand the picture thing, I’m sorry about your husband.  I have to see my pictures too and it’s amazing just how much we do look at them.  I’ve taken mine down to paint the wall but I can’t wait to have them back up it looks so much happier with them on the wall.  That’s why I understand and miss looking at them and it’s only been yesterday I took them down x

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 10:00:52 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about that Sweet. Pictures do help us cope up with our trying times. Speaking picture frames, which do you prefer, the picture frame on the wall or the stand-alone frame?

Offline Sweet

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 02:29:49 AM »
Guineagirl, I can't express how much the picture of my husband helped me in many ways. So what's the new color of the wall? Drying up of the paint may take some time so what are you planning with the picture frames?
MomOfTwo, I prefer the stand-alone picture frames because I can move it easily.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 05:59:24 AM »
Guineagirl, I can't express how much the picture of my husband helped me in many ways. So what's the new color of the wall? Drying up of the paint may take some time so what are you planning with the picture frames?
MomOfTwo, I prefer the stand-alone picture frames because I can move it easily.

They’re back up  :039:  I created a picture gallery two years ago but couldn’t dust them easily or take them down as they were stuck with the picture tabs but Ikea do picture shelves so they are on that now.  It’s just cream colour the wall.  A couple of the pics I included two years ago that just shows now how much I was grieving and feel I can move them into a shadownox table I have. They are great for keeping keepsakes in. Have you seen them?   Have you momentos that you’ve kept too?  X

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 11:27:52 AM »
Dust is our enemy when it comes to picture frames. I've scanned our family album because of this topic. It gives me a warm feeling reminiscing the past with the pictures in the album.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 03:20:25 PM »
Just reading all of these post and can relate to all of them in some way. It's always hard losing a loved one and I think we all that to get comfort in some way or other. Bless  you all.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 03:20:25 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms