Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Toddlers  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Treasure

Toddlers
« on: April 30, 2018, 01:18:01 AM »
I was walking at the park today and saw a young mother with a couple of toddlers. She was constantly chasing them around, telling them not to eat things, or to play nice. It made me think of my children at that age. They were SO much work. I didn't always realize that I would treasure these memories one day, even if they were frustrating me at the moment. I remember being excited for the day my kids got a little older but wow, I would trade a moody teenager for a toddler any day!

Offline cherie

Re: Toddlers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 12:30:33 PM »
Raising toddlers isn't the easiest thing. I know a few two-year olds in our neighbourhood and every time I see their mothers chase them around, I recall a time when it was my turn. It is sort of a bitter-sweet moment because they can be the nicest beings when all is said and done. I still treasure the good times I had with my kids as toddlers and I wouldn't trade these moments with anything!

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 06:28:41 AM »
It is bitter sweet Cherie.  I think if I had it to do over again I would have enjoyed it a lot more.  I would be less concerned with cleaning and more concerned with playing with my children.  We have our children young so we will have the energy to chase them around like you describe.  I couldn't do it today!! :rofl:

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 09:25:05 PM »
It's far from the easiest thing, Cherie! It was definitely bittersweet at the time. They could drive me crazy one second and be my sweet little angels the next. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. Kidless, I think that's why God lets us have grandchildren! It's almost like a do-over but with a little less responsibility. It helps us enjoy the good times more.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms