Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I've learned that it's hard to settle for less than true love.  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Melee

I think one of the most important things that I've learned over the years is that true love is real, so don't settle, no matter what your age is. True love is real even if other people don't believe in it. True love is real even if it takes some of us much, much longer to find it, while others seem to find it straight out of high school, or even earlier in some cases, and grow up and marry one another.

When I was younger I was in love with someone, but things didn't work out, so I decided to get with someone else. At least I wasn't alone, right? Wrong. Just getting into a relationship to avoid being alone didn't make me happy, and I had to learn that the hard way. 

Even if someone finds it necessary to forgo true love in favor of something more practical and realistic, going that route is hard to do. I've learned that true love is real, and it's worth waiting for.

Empty Nest Moms

Offline Berta

Re: I've learned that it's hard to settle for less than true love.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 05:21:23 AM »
Well said @Melee I agree with you 100%. I had a similar experience to you when I was younger and was a single mom for a long time. I did have a close friend now and then over the years but I knew from the start than none of them were "the one". I even doubted that "the one" existed. Then, in my late 50s I met him and I sensed early in our friendship that he was different. We live close to each other and we talk about living together and/or getting married one day. But there's no rush. True love IS real and IS worth waiting for.

Offline Melee

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:26:11 PM »
Well said @Melee I agree with you 100%. I had a similar experience to you when I was younger and was a single mom for a long time. I did have a close friend now and then over the years but I knew from the start than none of them were "the one". I even doubted that "the one" existed. Then, in my late 50s I met him and I sensed early in our friendship that he was different. We live close to each other and we talk about living together and/or getting married one day. But there's no rush. True love IS real and IS worth waiting for.

Hi Berta, I love this post of yours. So... early in your friendship you sensed something was different? Would you be willing to share a bit about what sorts of differences you sensed? I like that you say there is no rush, and it's really great that you live close to each other. How nice!

When I was younger, I thought I met "the one" but I was too immature for a relationship with him, even though he was younger than I was. He seemed so wise for his years. I, on the other hand was a very late bloomer. Late bloomer or not though, love let itself be known to me at that point, and I knew that I knew that true love is real. Even though he and I are not together, I know the love that we had for each other was authentic.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:26:11 PM »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »
What a lovely post. I'd like to believe that true loves and soulmates are real, though I'm not sure if each of us can find one in our lifetime. I believed that I had found the right person when I married, but many things happened along the way that made me question it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:22:52 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms