Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If I could, I would NOT go back to being younger.  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Melee

If I could, I would NOT go back to being younger.
« on: March 22, 2018, 08:36:05 PM »

I heard one of my mom's older male friends say one day, "If I could go back with everything I know now!" Then he quickly added, "But that would be cheating."

In today's society, people seem to worship youth, and I get that, but I think most people worship the way that youth looks more-so than anything.

Me personally, if someone came with a magic wand and told me that I could go back to being 19, 20, 25 years old, even 30, I would tell them, "No thank you." Not only 'no thank you' but 'hell no!' Pardon my French, but that's how adamant I feel about the notion of going back to being young again.

Sure, I want to look youthful, and feel youthful, but I would not want to 'go back' unless I could take ALL that I know now back with me to my youth. If I could not take the wisdom that I have gleaned over the years back with me on my magic wand youth trip, then forget it.

I feel that these days are truly my best days. Now granted, I was a very late bloomer, so I know that has something to do with my mindset. Many of my friends seemed to have had things all figured out from a very young age, so being able to go back in time sounds great  :cutecheerleader: to them. To me, no.
I made so many mistakes when I was younger. So many, I shudder at the thought. And not small mistakes either, huge, ridiculous, embarrassing, costly mistakes. I would hate to be that young and stupid again. Not saying that everyone who is young is stupid, because that is not the case at all. I have known, and still know a lot of young people who have their stuff together, but when I was younger, I wasn't one of them.
My age now and accumulated wisdom suits me just fine. I love it.

Empty Nest Moms

If I could, I would NOT go back to being younger.
« on: March 22, 2018, 08:36:05 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: If I could, I would NOT go back to being younger.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 03:48:25 PM »
Good for you Melee!  I  would like to go back, of course knowing what I know now so I wouldnt make the same 'dumb' mistakes, but either way, to go back  I'd say yes, count me in.    :039:

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:48:10 PM »
I completely agree with you. Our culture is SO obsessed with youth. It's hard not to get caught up in thinking it would be nice to turn back the clock. But, when I think about that, I think about looking and feeling younger, not actually being younger. I wouldn't want to go back if I couldn't go back with everything I know now. What would be the point? Just to hit the repeat button and make the same mistakes, or potentially even worse ones? No, thanks. But my 20-year-old body is welcome to join me now, if it feels so inclined!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:48:10 PM »

Offline Melee

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 01:19:20 AM »
MaryB, oh my goodness, when I read your reply I actually got a chill in my body! You know, the kind of chill you get when you're watching a scary movie and every little thing startles you? Yeah, that kind.
I guess even the thought of someone else going back in time apparently upsets me. :dunno: :rofl:
Do you get the feeling that I was traumatized in my youth? :)

I think I could handle going back if the mistakes I made in my youth were just dumb mistakes, but my mistakes and shenanigans were so outrageous that I just couldn't go back to that, however... like Treasure said, my 20 year old body is welcome to join me at any time! IN-EE-TIME!!

And I so agree with you Treasure, our culture is obsessed with youth. I mean, I get it, but at the same time getting older can be
magical, and beautiful, especially if you have taken great pains to take care of yourself.

The other day I was in Trader Joe's and I saw a woman who had the body of a 20-25 year old. She was in yoga/workout clothes. And I must say that whatever workouts she has been doing are definitely working. She looked fabulous. And let's just say that I wasn't the only one in the store who noticed.
A really tall, muscular :cutecheerleader: , young guy was really checking her out from the back and sides. When she turned around I was floored by the fact that her face was very... well, let's just say that her face did not look like it belonged to that body.  Kudos to her though, seeing her really inspired me.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 08:41:30 AM »
I have thought about going back and reliving certain periods in my life.  But only with the knowledge I have now.  Otherwise no!  I would like to go back and see my son again but to change history would be changing everything I know now.  I guess that's why we don't have the ability to go back or the ability to see into the future.  We are on a certain path that God has planned for us and it probably should not be changed. 

Offline Melee

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »
I have thought about going back and reliving certain periods in my life.  But only with the knowledge I have now.  Otherwise no!  I would like to go back and see my son again but to change history would be changing everything I know now.  I guess that's why we don't have the ability to go back or the ability to see into the future.  We are on a certain path that God has planned for us and it probably should not be changed.

I often think about reliving certain periods of my life because I messed up so bad in the past, but I know that I didn't know any better back then. Sometimes people try to convince me that I knew better, but I know for a fact that I didn't. These days one just has to take things one day at a time, do our best, and let God do the rest.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
I don't think I would want to go back to my youth. I'm not saying that I love getting 'old' but I am becoming content with myself as I do age. Don't really like the aches and 'grunts' that come with it! But it is what it is and all a part of life moving forward.

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
They say that youth is wasted on the young. Looking back, I have to agree with that.

Instead of wanting to "go back", maybe we should focus on making our lives better in the ways that we messed up a little when we were younger.

For instance, if you drank a lot in your youth, volunteer your extra time to help with AA meetings.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms