Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Parents Should Never Bury Their Children  (Read 2917 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

Parents Should Never Bury Their Children
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:18:03 AM »
We watched the trilogy of Lord of the Rings last weekend and I was really touched at the part where the King of Rohan said that "parents should never bury their children". I cannot imagine the hurt that any parent would feel with the loss of one of their precious children.

Offline Guineagirl

Re: Parents Should Never Bury Their Children
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:16:43 PM »
I haven’t seen the film Mom of Two but yes it must be awful.  My Dad died when I was 24 suddenly and I remember Grandad (dads dad) being really really quiet at the funeral, I think I was too young to understand but now I’m older I recall it and think how sad he must of felt.  Sadly he died three months later after Dad x

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 03:23:52 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your dad and your granddad. Actors can't truly express the pain that parents feel when they lose their child. I always tell my son to take care always because I don't like anything bad happening to him.

Offline Krista

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 04:40:01 AM »
Guineagirl, I'm so sorry about your dad and your grandfather.  How awful to lose both of them within such a short period of time.

I cannot even begin ti imagine how difficult it is to lose a child as a parent.  It really breaks my heart when I hear of young people dying.

Offline Joann

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 05:24:21 AM »
This is very true. Losing my parents was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life but I believe that losing your children and having to bury them makes you feel even a bit more pain. Feeling guilty even to have outlived them.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 02:58:07 AM »
The many "what if's" will haunt us when we have outlived our children. I will trade my life with my child if that is what it takes for my child to continue living. I'm praying and wishing that no parent here would ever experience this.

Offline mkendrick

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 03:06:00 AM »
Movies can move us to tears when they touch on something like this. God forbid I ever have to find out how it feels to bury a child. I just cannot begin to fathom the heartbreak nor do I want to try. My heart goes out to anyone in this situation and I will say a prayer for you and your family tonight.

Offline Katy

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 04:58:30 AM »
That's a lot of loss in a short amount of time. I'm so sorry you went through all of that, Guineagirl. I can't imagine having to bury my daughter. It's so tragic when people pass away at a young age.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms