Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going to a Singles Event  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Krista

Going to a Singles Event
« on: July 12, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »
I'm not sure I'm ready to actually date someone right now, but I want to dip my toe in the water and make a male friend or two.  There's a singles event at my local church, so I'm going to go to that. 

I'm rather shy around new people, so I'm really nervous about this.  Does anyone have any tips I can use for meeting new people?  Starting conversations?  Stepping outside my comfort zone?

Please wish me luck!

Empty Nest Moms

Going to a Singles Event
« on: July 12, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Going to a Singles Event
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:30:23 AM »
I don't have any tips, but I want to wish you tons of luck on your new adventure.  I hope you'll let us know how it went.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:53:28 AM »
Hello, Krista. How are you doing? Was the event fun? Did you meet someone interesting? Meeting new people is also awkward for me, so I usually go with the general topics. Things currently happening, hobbies, and so on. At least it may be good enough to see if your partner is someone you can talk with.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:53:28 AM »

Offline Indiana

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »
Social gatherings at a church outside of normal church hours? A good conversation starter in that setting for a shy person would be talking about the church itself......their teachings........how long have you been a member......that sort of thing.

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »
Find a fellow wallflower. We're everywhere.

If you do, just make eye contact and say "You too, huh", and go from there.

When shy people go out, the best thing that can happen is to find a kindred soul. You might be surprised at just how easy the conversation comes at a time like that.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:26:51 AM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 06:04:06 AM »
Well, it would be great to hear how this went. I used to go to many of these single events and much as I was very shy then, there always were two or three people who would strike a good conversation. The main thing that made me go quiet on them was their hurry to get into a relationship. I met my husband in the most interesting way and I finally dated him because he never seemed to want to rush me. We got into it once we felt that it was the right time.

Offline Vanessa

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 05:11:27 PM »
I hope this went well for you and anyone else thinking of trying! :)
It's important to take a step and go for it, once you're at an event you can meet people without trying. It doesn't always go that well, but that's why it's important not to give up after you get a result you weren't hoping for. When you go a few times, someone will appear who will strike a conversation and you'll take it from there - be patient, because other people get shy too so it takes some time to get over it.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms