Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'll admit it - I'm a slob and it's problematic  (Read 847 times)

Offline Bewitched

I'll admit it - I'm a slob and it's problematic
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:06:31 PM »
My husband and I have some fundamental differences that took the backseat while we had our hands full with the kids. Now, those differences are shining through. I am one of those untidy people who goes on cleaning sprees every once in a while. I don't let things get dirty mind you, I'm just perfectly fine with having an array of things on my bathroom counter or leaving dishes in the dish rack for longer than necessary. My husband is on the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm 90% sure he has OCD. (For instance, has a bedtime routine that has to be done in absolutely the right order or he has to start again.) He jokes about it but doesn't really think that's true. He gets stressed out if a single thing is out of place. He had to kind of let that go while we had the kids at home, but I think he was expecting more order once they left and is grossly disappointed.

The point of my longwinded story: I know that I'm at least partially at fault here. I'm an adult who doesn't clean up after herself. So, can you teach an old dog new tricks? Are any of you reformed slobs? What helped you overcome your bad habits? Are any of you dealing with a similar situation, maybe about some other kind of bad habit, with your spouse?

Empty Nest Moms

I'll admit it - I'm a slob and it's problematic
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:06:31 PM »

Offline Krista

Re: I'll admit it - I'm a slob and it's problematic
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 05:53:28 AM »
I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily a slob, but my house is more cluttered than I'd like it to be.  I am single, and since my daughter has left, I've been worse about letting things pile up before I take the time to straighten things up. 

I would like to have more friends come over, but right now, I'm embarrassed to have company.  That's my motivation for getting things cleaned up and then being better about keeping them that way.

Offline Bewitched

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:45 PM »
Slob was a bit of an overstatement (although my husband would disagree). I've always preferred calling myself a packrat and clutter-prone.

Company is always good motivation. I can certainly tidy things up quickly when I want to, I just don't usually feel inclined to do so...unless I'm procrastinating something else or it's reached a certain level of clutter.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 10:16:45 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms