Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thinking about your children  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Henley

Thinking about your children
« on: July 28, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »
Even though my nest is empty, I find that my thoughts are still predominantly ruled my children. My children are my sun; even when I can't see them, my world is still revolving around them. Is that just how it is or do you start thinking about yourself more eventually?

Empty Nest Moms

Thinking about your children
« on: July 28, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Thinking about your children
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 08:20:02 AM »
I'm not old enough to retire, and I think working helps because it takes so much time and energy.  I also see and speak to my children often which help me.  I still struggle every time my son leaves for school after an extended break at home, but it gets easier as the days go by.  I don't think I'll ever go a day without thinking about my children though. 

How long have you had an empty nest, Henley? 

Offline Marie

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 06:19:14 AM »
Right now, my daughter is in an abusive relationship, so she is on my mind a lot at the moment.  I talk to both my children regularly and that helps a lot.  Working also helps keep me distracted.

When my children first left home, my thought were preoccupied by them.  But as time went on, I found that I could think about other things more.  I know I'll always think about them, but I know my thoughts won't always be consumed by my children, if that makes sense.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 06:19:14 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 02:44:27 PM »
Right now, my daughter is in an abusive relationship, so she is on my mind a lot at the moment.  I talk to both my children regularly and that helps a lot.  Working also helps keep me distracted.

When my children first left home, my thought were preoccupied by them.  But as time went on, I found that I could think about other things more.  I know I'll always think about them, but I know my thoughts won't always be consumed by my children, if that makes sense.
This makes perfect sense and it seems quite normal to worry about your kids immediately after they have left. We may get preoccupied with other things but overall, they can never escape our minds.

Offline Henley

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
Work does seem like it would be a good way to keep my mind occupied, Quiet Adobe. I'm sure this sounds bad but after so many years of not working I'm finding it difficult to be tempted by the idea. My empty nest status has been sporadic. My daughter flits in and out because she has some issues dealing with the real world. Perhaps that's part of the problem.

Marie, I think that it's probably just a matter of time for me. I never really know how long my nest will stay empty so that could be part of the issue.

haidyl, it certainly seems that way!

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »
Henley,

You describe exactly how I feel.  I read a lot of the threads as I aren’t very good articulating myself and so the threads I read and the responses answer how I am feeling.  I think I will always think about my daughter and what she is doing and feeling, doesn’t matter how busy I am or distractions I may have my mind goes back to her, thank god for texts and hang outs x thanks for putting the question out there

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »

Offline EnjoyingLife

• Enjoy your "Senior Years"!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »
Personally I think we always think about our children and how time seems to have just flown by! Especially when I look at my grandchildren! It is almost hard to imagine that their parents were once that small.

Yes, Guineagirl it is nice to have all the ways of communicating that we have these days. Although I still like to pick up the phone and 'call' one of them when I want to talk. But of course sometimes it is more 'convenient' for them to text or email. They all seem to have such busy lives. I'm just glad I get to see the grandkids often enough. :)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms