Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feeling Lonely  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Krista

Feeling Lonely
« on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:53 AM »
It's been four years since my daughter let for college.  It was so difficult initially because I felt so lonely.  While the loneliness has eased up a lot, I still struggle some on weekends.  Weekdays aren't so bad because I work outside the home and am around people all day.  So, by the time I get home in the evening, I want some time to myself.  Weekends leave me a lot of free time, though, and that's when I tend to get lonely. 

What do you all do to ease your loneliness?  I''m not married, and I don't have a significant other to spend time with.  I try to spend time with friends, but many of them are married and have trouble making plans on weekends because that's when they tend to spend time with their spouses.

Empty Nest Moms

Feeling Lonely
« on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:53 AM »

Offline girlchild34

Re: Feeling Lonely
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 01:33:53 AM »
I completely relate to what you just described. Do you have any hobbies that you believe you can create time for, sometime over the weekends? I used to love to play chess and go hiking sometime back.

You could look around your area and see if there are people that link up at the end of the week.

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »
I totally understand how you feel, I was the same way before I moved from RI to Fl last year. What helped me was that I joined a few, "Meetup" groups and then had some fun things to do on the weekends. Down here where I live in Fl, there aren't as many Meetup groups nearby but I had one friend down here, so we do things together every once in awhile. I generally meet up at the pool with some other people I've met since I came down here. I hope to join an online dating site sometime in the future. Hope it helps!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:51:32 AM »
I believe that every one of us has been at such a place before. IMO, it would be great to talk to your daughter and let her know how you feel. Surround yourself with interesting people and you will be surprised at how you will easily overcome this. It is just a matter of time. How often does she visit?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:51:32 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms