Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Their room  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Guineagirl

Their room
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:43:25 AM »
 :039: Just wondering how people get on with the empty nest bedroom?   Just to chat really to you all in the same position.  I know some people re decorate but I don’t think I ever will.  The wallpaper etc was chosen by my daughter and so would hate it changed.  I’d hate to feel it’s a shrine.  She asked for a big bed to come home to as she’s used to a double bed and so I did that.  I love how she can come back to her room as it was.  She says it’s relaxing and clutter free, don’t know why I’m typing really maybe it’s a downer today x. I hate how emotions are up and down x

Empty Nest Moms

Their room
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:43:25 AM »

Offline EnjoyingLife

• Enjoy your "Senior Years"!
Re: Their room
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »
Hello Guineagirl, hope you are feeling a little better today? I know emotions can hit us hard at times so please feel free to let them out here.  :tinypinkflowers:

As to the bedroom, I would say as long as you have your child coming home for regular visits then I don't see anything wrong with keeping it the same. But at sometime they may get more adjusted to where they are or move somewhere permanently and not come home but just for visits here and there. At that point you might want to think about changing it into something that would work for you or you could just leave it as a 'guest' room for whomever? You can always keep a bed of some sort in there so she knows she always has a place to sleep.

Sounds like something you might just wait to decide when/if that time comes.

Take care.....

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:46:19 AM »
 :039:  Feeling a bit better today many thanks.  It’s exciting when I know she is coming, then we bicker not in a nasty way, then the emotions of it been quiet and back to normal again.  She says she sleeps better at home and I do too.  Like you say maybe one day when she has a partner and they don’t stay over it may change but I know I would always tell her if I was changing it. X

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 05:46:19 AM »

Offline Krista

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 06:10:05 AM »
Hi Guineagirl,

I'm glad you're feeling a little better today.  Our emotions can definitely go up and down and vary with the days, so please feel free to share anytime.  This is a good place to talk to people who can relate.

As for the bedroom, I don't see anything wrong with keeping the room the same, as your daughter finds it comforting when she comes to visit. 

I kept my daughter's room the same, as she was home on college breaks.  She's recently graduated from college and is having a hard time finding a job, so she might actually move back in with me for a little while.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:22:38 AM »
Thanks Krista, you maybe will have your daughter a little while longer then, at least she can choose the right job for herself living with you.  Yes I will keep posting probably selfishly when I’m on a down spell.  I have read a lot of threads though and people seem to post the way I am feeling or how they are trying to adjust to being a a couple again.  I did say to my husband the other day we’ve been five years together as a couple and 24 as a threesome he agreed how strange it is though. X

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:22:38 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms