Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Taking Illegal Drugs  (Read 1623 times)

Offline MerryMe

Taking Illegal Drugs
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:10:31 AM »
I hope we won't have to deal with this kind of scenario when our children try using illegal drugs. I have only one child so I don't know what I should do if I ever found out that he is taking illegal substances. What should parents do first when we found out that our child is doing this?

Empty Nest Moms

Taking Illegal Drugs
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:10:31 AM »

Offline Quiet Abode

Re: Taking Illegal Drugs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:57:08 PM »
What brought this question up, MerryMe?  I hope nothing is wrong with someone you know.

If it were my child, well, I'd try to get my baby some help.  I'd push to get my son or daughter into rehab.  I feel so inadequate to deal with the subject.  I guess I'd start researching night and day about addiction because it's something I've thankfully never faced. 

Offline Henley

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 04:10:21 PM »
If only there was a magical answer for this. We've learned that judgment and shame do not go very far, especially for the addicted. I've found that when adults start abusing drugs, it's usually an attempt to self-medicate. Have an open discussion with them. In my experience, you will not get honesty if you're on the offensive. Find out why they're using drugs. If it's for a psychological reason (anxiety, depression, etc.), then it's time to find a good psychologist who specializes in not only the problem your children is trying to fix, but addiction as well.

Depending on the situation (and the drug), throwing them into rehab might help more. Rehabs only accept voluntary patients though. So your child would have to be open to this. I also don't have much faith in a lot of rehabs. Three months is usually not long enough to get the drug entirely out of your system, address the underlying issues, and learn how to function normally. A lot of rehabs are around this length. I think anything under a year doesn't usually cut it for addiction to stronger substances.

I think the psychologist route is best if you catch it early enough; if they're using drugs but not necessarily addicted.

If you're going through this, I wish you the best of luck and will keep your family in my prayers.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 04:10:21 PM »

Offline Krista

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 06:09:32 AM »
Addiction is such a complicated issue.  Many people begin using drugs as a way to cope with life's stresses and traumas.  I'd ask my daughter why she started taking drugs.  Depending on how long the individual has been taking drugs, though, he or she might not even remember what triggered him or her to start.

I'd do all I could to help my daughter if she ever started using drugs.  My first step would be to encourage her to get into rehab, and I'd want to be part of her recovery process.  Having supportive people in recovery makes a big difference.

I truly hope you never have to deal with this situation. 

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »
My son's close friend have confided in my son about his condition. He cannot cope with the pressure of his studies because his parents are expecting him to have high grades. I'm glad that my son is open to me with his problems and we try to solve things together.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 01:58:10 AM »
I would have a totally open and honest conversation with my child and let them know that I'm here for them. I think that approaching the situation confrontationally creates a wedge and furthers the problem. I would let them know that if they're stressed, need help, etc, there are much better solutions to those problems than to take drugs. Thankfully I have never had to deal with this.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 01:58:10 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms